ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Dec 28, 2010 in: Where have the Statistics gone?
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 28, 2010
  • Score: 1
Go to Tools & Services.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 20, 2010 in: Manual sort for tasks
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2010
  • Score: 0
Additional info:
Posted by Toodledo, November 19, 2008
We do not currently support manual resorting, but you can choose to sort your tasks by any of the fields that you are using (priority, due-date, tag, etc). Just click on the "sort" link.

Hope that helps.

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/909/-4220/re-order-tasks-within-a-folder.html
Purveyor

Posted Dec 20, 2010 in: Calendar View on iphone/ipad app
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2010
The Calendar view is not in the iPhone app.

I'm guessing that it is pretty low on the list of priorities in terms of website features that are being added to the iPhone app. Sharing and Saved Searches are probably higher up on the list. But, I don't know.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
The first thing that we will be working on in 2011 is improvements to collaboration. Initially, this will be to make using our existing collaboration tools easier and more intuitive. After this, we will be adding notifications for when tasks are edited by a collaborator, among other things.
Will you be adding the ability to share tasks ...
Purveyor

Posted Dec 15, 2010 in: Iphone app sharing with pro account
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2010
Perhaps you are referring to this:
Securely sync your todo list with Toodledo.com for backup purposes, and to use the additional functionality available on our website: file attachments, subtasks, sharing/collaboration, forums, etc.
From Toodledo on the iPhone™, iPad™ and iPod touch®

There's no sharing of tasks on the iPhone app, unless you and your wife use the same account.

This message was edited Dec 15, 2010.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2010
This is what the page says:
You can set when old completed tasks are purged from your account. With a subscription, you can extend the retention period.

Key word is "purged".

For a free account, the retention period is "Up to 6 months".

In the Help topic, it says this:
Members with a free account can save their completed tasks for up to 6 months, however any task completed more than 1 week ago will be hidden. Subscribers can extend the retention time and unlock the ability to view tasks completed more than 1 week ago.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=86

This message was edited Dec 13, 2010.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 13, 2010 in: Tag sort order all screwed up
  • Purveyor
The order does seem to be random. It is not based on how often I use a tag, nor is it based on the most recently used tags.

Also something strange: I just created a new tag but it doesn't show on the Tag list on the iPhone, and, after syncing, it shows up on the website but still not on the iPhone.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 13, 2010 in: importance and status
  • Purveyor
From the Help topic, this is the calculation:
Importance = 2+P+S+D
P=priority
S=is it starred (0 or 1)
D=0 if due-date is non-existent or further than 14 days out, 1 if due-date is between 7 and 14 days out, 2 if due-date is between 2 and 7 days out, 3 if due-date is tomorrow, 5 if due-date is today, and 6 if overdue

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=53
Purveyor

Posted Dec 13, 2010 in: Project steps
  • Purveyor
From March 11, 2008:
Posted by Toodledo:
Yes, task dependencies is also something that is on our to-do list. It is one of our more frequently received suggestions.

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/13/-29/subtask.html

Purveyor

Posted Dec 13, 2010 in: Sending reminders to multiple devices?
  • Purveyor
Posted by alicia.altair:
I guess that is just a Pro feature?
Yes, it is. See Subscription Details.

Purveyor

Posted Dec 11, 2010 in: Subtasks of Subtasks?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2010
Purveyor

Posted Dec 10, 2010 in: Multiple Levels of Subtasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2010
Posted October 28, 2010 by Toodledo:
We do not have any immediate plans to make multi-levels of subtasks.

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/8119/-41741/read.html

Have the plans changed?

This message was edited Dec 10, 2010.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 09, 2010
As I mentioned, I don't need to track everything that I did to prepare for my previous vacations so I don't use a template, but I might as well tell the whole story ...

I have a separate Toodledo account just for trips: vacations, business trips, and weekend visits with family.

I wanted to keep track of everything that I need to prepare and pack, and I wanted a separate list for my wife's items. (She has a Toodledo account that she uses for her day-to-day activities.) Also, I wanted to track the "essentials" -- those things that I need for every trip -- versus those things that depend on the nature of the trip and the season. For example, I need my sunscreen and swim trunks when I am going to Aruba on vacation, but I need my laptop computer and winter boots when I am going to Calgary for business in the winter. And, for longer trips, I wanted to keep track of where everything is packed: which suitcase and which smaller container (eg. toiletry case) in the suitcase.

I needed new contexts, folders and tags, and I found that it was too confusing within my regular Toodledo account. Much better with a separate account. Also, on my iPhone, I use the Toodledo app as my main task manager and I use the Appigo Todo app for trips, each app synced to a different Toodledo account. (Would have been nice to stick with just the Toodledo app but it doesn't handle two accounts simultaneously, and you can't have two instances of the same app on an iPhone.)

BTW, preparing for a trip is now much easier and less stressful. When first using this system, I still forgot a few items, but with each trip, the list got better, and now, when I am walking out the door at the start of the trip, I am confident that I haven't forgotten anything. It's amazing how many times in the past I forget something "obvious". Yeah, some things you can buy when you arrive at your destination but it can still be a nuisance.

And, as I said in my other post, I use the online Search and Multi-edit function to clear all my checked items at the end of the trip so I start with a fresh list of uncompleted tasks on my next trip. I can see, though, how some people would prefer to use a Template with subtasks and Clone the parent task to create a new list for each trip, and still keep the previously completed tasks.

This message was edited Dec 09, 2010.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 09, 2010 in: Already have Toodledo on my iPhone
  • Purveyor
Toodledo is a online task manager. There's nothing to load on your computer.

You can sync your iPhone with the Toodledo website. Here are the instructions:
http://toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=101
Purveyor

• Purveyor
I do something similar but I don't create subtasks -- I just assign all the tasks to the context "Vacation".

Also, I don't need to keep track of my preparation of previous vacations so, after the vacation, I use Search and Multi-edit to un-check all the Vacation tasks and now I have a fresh start for the next vacation.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 08, 2010 in: Export to excel and reimport to replace
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 08, 2010
I think that you will get duplicate records if you export, tidy up, and import. Not sure though.

You could export, delete all tasks -- http://www.toodledo.com/delete_tasks.php, tidy up, and import.

I notice though that you are a Pro Plus subscriber, so chances are you are using subtasks. Also, you probably have files that are linked to some tasks.

The CSV export (http://www.toodledo.com/connect_csv.php and which you would normally use for exporting to Excel) does not have subtask links. The subtasks get exported but you lose the connection to the parent task.

The XML export does preserve the subtask info but I'm not sure how easy it is to edit the file in Excel and maintain the subtasks. And there's still the issue of attached files.

This message was edited Dec 08, 2010.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 08, 2010
Does Toodledo still show up in the Apps section of iTunes? If yes, then you just need to sync and Toodledo will be transferred to your iPhone.

But perhaps you didn't use the iTunes App Store to buy your app and instead you bought it directly from your iPhone and you haven't synced after the purchase. (If you sync with iTunes, any apps that you purchased on your iPhone will be copied to your computer and will show up in iTunes.)

In that case, you can still repurchase the app but you won't be charged again as long as you are using the same iTunes account that you used to buy the app the first time.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 04, 2010 in: Why no "Ask Before Sync" option?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2010
Are you using the Toodledo iPhone app?

If you are, the setting is "Sync on Start/Quit" and I'm pretty sure that the default is OFF.

Are you using the Appigo Todo app? It has the setting "Sync at Startup". Not sure what the default is. If you are using this app, then you need to contact Appigo.

BTW, you can avoid an automatic sync on startup if you disable your WiFi on your iPad before launching the app. (And Data Services if you have a 3G model.)
Purveyor

Posted Dec 03, 2010 in: iOS App Version 2.1.1 Released
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2010
You say you've downgraded to Version 2.1, which means that you no longer have local reminders.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 02, 2010 in: location alerts
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2010
Okay.

On the website, though, the documentation is way behind.

When will there be a Help topic about Locations?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next