ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Jan 14, 2017 in: Amazon Echo to read out Toodledo tasks?
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2017
  • Score: 0
Perhaps this page on Amazon's website will help: Manage Your Lists.

You can access a shopping list but it's not clear whether Alexa will read it out loud.

Also, you can connect Toodledo with Alexa using IFTTT: https://ifttt.com/connect/amazon_alexa/toodledo

This message was edited Jan 14, 2017.
Purveyor

Posted Jan 11, 2017 in: image attachments and the iPhone app
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2017
  • Score: 1
Purveyor

Posted Jan 11, 2017 in: quick add syntax strange behaviour
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2017
This has been a problem since "Smart Quick Add" was introduced more than a year ago.

See my post on December 18, 2015: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/22249/-102161/read.html#jump
Purveyor

Posted Nov 13, 2016 in: Saved Searches Examples
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 13, 2016
I keep most of my completed tasks so that I have a history of my activity. But, for some tasks (especially several repeating tasks) I don't need a record that I completed them, and I don't need them cluttering up my list of completed tasks. I prefer deleting those tasks, but not right away.

Here's my Saved Search:

Checked Off = Yes
Tag contains "Routine"
Date Completed was not in last 14 days.

After I run the Saved Search, I use "Batch Edit This List" and specify Deleted = Yes to delete the tasks.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 12, 2016 in: Sharing -- read-only to read-write
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 12, 2016
Which topic in FAQ?

Have you taken a look at the Collaboration page? https://www.toodledo.com/info/sharing.php
Purveyor

Posted Oct 18, 2016 in: Days till Due Column
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2016
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2016
Go to Account Settings, Tasks, Show List Counts: https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=14
Purveyor

Posted May 06, 2016 in: Two questions about tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 06, 2016
1. No. Toodledo does not allow you to specify an end date for repeating tasks. You can create another task to remind you to delete the repeating task after 8 weeks.

2. No. Toodledo does not track the number of times that a particular task occurs (or is completed) during a week, but take a look at the Line Graph. Perhaps you can come close to doing what you want by specifying a combination of Folders, Contexts and Goals.

Also, take a look at the Habits section.

This message was edited May 06, 2016.
Purveyor

Posted May 05, 2016 in: Where to find latest update info?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 05, 2016
I don't see it on the Toodledo website but, for all iOS apps, you can go to the App Store to see the latest version.

The most recent release of Toodledo was on Nov 21, 2105 and it is version 3.3.6.
Purveyor

Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2016
  • Score: -1
Just curious: Given that MLO has task dependency and you are "really suffering from lack of this feature", why did you switch to Toodledo?

Also, if Toodledo promised you that task dependency would be available in two years, how would that change what you are doing now?

In any case, I doubt that you're going to get a timeline commitment from Toodledo.
Task dependency is not available and all you can do is structure your task management with this limitation.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 06, 2016 in: Transfer tasks to my wife's Toodledo
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 06, 2016
From https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/19913/0/export-list-of-items-only.html
Posted by Jake:
It is not currently possible to export just one folder or one list. Sorry. You can export all of them to a CSV file and the use Excel or another spreadsheet program to delete the unwanted tasks.

You can Import/Export here: https://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_csv.php
Purveyor

Posted Mar 30, 2016 in: Status
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 30, 2016
Purveyor

Posted Mar 23, 2016 in: List is too long
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 23, 2016
Two good articles by David Allen:
Let the lists fall where they may
Probably the most universal how-to question for GTD neophytes is this: How do I keep track of all the things that you're recommending I keep out of my head? What's the best tool? The answer is pretty simple: however you most effectively can create and review lists.
The subtlety of streamlining
Many of the tools for personal organization miss the mark because they try too hard to simplify the complexity of our lives into forms and features. They often make our attempts at organization more difficult.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 22, 2016 in: List is too long
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2016
Posted by Salgud:
Allen's belief that appointments/meetings are not tasks, and are omitted from GTD consideration to be handled some other way.
Many of the tasks I do are in preparation for, or a followup to, one of those meetings that don't exist in GTD.
Where did you get the idea that appointments "are omitted from GTD consideration" and that "meetings don't exist in GTD"?

Here's what David Allen says in Getting Things Done, pages 39-41:
Calendar
Reminders of actions you need to take fall into two categories: those about things that have to happen on a specific day or time, and those about things that just need to get done as soon as possible. Your calendar handles the first type of reminder. Three things go on your calendar:
• time-specific actions;
• day-specific actions; and
• day-specific information.

Time-Specific Actions This is a fancy name for appointments. Often the next action to be taken on a project is attending a meeting that has been set up to discuss it. Simply tracking that on the calendar is sufficient.

Day-Specific Actions
These are things that you need to do sometime on a certain day, but not necessarily at a specific time. Perhaps you told Mioko you would call her on Friday to check that the report you're sending her is OK. She won't have the report until Thursday, and she's leaving the country on Saturday, so Friday is the time window for taking the action—but anytime Friday will be fine. That should be tracked on the calendar for Friday but not tied to any particular time slot—it should just go on the day. It's useful to have a calendar on which you can note both time-specific and day-specific actions.

Day-Specific Information
The calendar is also the place to keep track of things you want to know about on specific days—not necessarily actions you'll have to take but rather information that may be useful on a certain date. This might include directions for appointments, activities that other people (family or staff) will be involved in then, or events of interest. It's also helpful to put short-term "tickler" information here, too, such as a reminder to call someone after the day they return from a vacation.
The "Next Actions" List(s)
So where do all your action reminders go? On "Next Actions" lists, which, along with the calendar, are at the heart of daily action-management organization.

Any longer-than-two-minute, non-delegatable action you have identified needs to be tracked somewhere. "Call Jim Smith re budget meeting," "Phone Rachel and Laura's moms about sleepaway camp," and "Draft ideas re the annual sales conference" are all the kinds of action reminders that need to be kept in appropriate lists, or buckets, to be assessed as options for what we will do at any point in time.

If you have only twenty or thirty of these, it may be fine to keep them all on one list labeled "Next Actions," which you'll review whenever you have any free time. For most of us, however, the number is more likely to be fifty to 150. In that case it makes sense to subdivide your "Next Actions" list into categories, such as "Calls" to make when you're at a phone or "Project Head Questions" to be asked at your weekly briefing.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 18, 2015 in: Introducing Smart Quick Add
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2015
Posted by Jake:
you can add both start-dates and start-times via Smart Quick Add. type /Dec 25 and the popup menu will give you the choice of adding that as a due-date or start-date.
This also works if you type the day of the week, but it assumes that you want the date to be this week. For example, if you type /Tue, it gives you Dec 15 (which is in the past) instead of Dec 22, which is Tuesday next week.

This message was edited Dec 18, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 13, 2015 in: Manual Reorder by drag and drop
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2015
Posted by eric.bromey:
The manual sorting would be just an additional sorting critéria. If I put manual sorting as first critéria then indeed, it will be the first one; If I put folder as first criteria and manual sorting as second one, then the manual sorting would be within each folder.
Seems to me that this would be difficult to do and awkward to use. Better to have a "manual mode" where there's no sorting, and then move the tasks to create the right order. When you choose a sort order based on one or more of the fields, then the manual order is gone.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 11, 2015 in: Manual Reorder by drag and drop
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2015
Hi Eric.

Take a look at this topic from almost seven years ago: Reordering tasks.

It's clear that this has not been a high priority ... ;-)

FWIW, you can reorder subtasks within a task by using drag and drop, but you probably know that.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 10, 2015 in: Using multiple folders
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2015
Posted by astewarthill_1420656359:
I want to save tasks by client name and functional category.
There are several fields that you can use besides Folder: Context, Tags, Goal and Location. You can enable them by going to Modify Fields/Functions Used in Settings.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 01, 2015 in: Add New Data Field for Tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 01, 2015
You can try the Length field:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#6
Purveyor

Posted Nov 24, 2015 in: Attachments
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 24, 2015
n.m.

This message was edited Nov 24, 2015.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next