ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Jul 20, 2010 in: Reorder within importance...
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2010
  • Score: 0
Here's what the Help section says about sorting by Importance:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=53

Given that information, I am not sure why the tasks you've highlighted have different importance scores?

I guess you could use another field to ensure they sort together, e.g. a tag, priority, etc.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 20, 2010 in: Filter tasks not started yet
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2010
Try:

Checked off = no
Start date is before today
PeterW 

Posted Jul 19, 2010 in: Default view doesn't?
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2010
  • Score: 1
That's strange... the default view is set in your Account Settings (assuming you've done that?) and it's always worked reliably for me in IE, Chrome and FireFox.

Given that this is a 'hard' setting (as opposed to something stored in your browser's cache) there's nothing I can think of that you could try.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 19, 2010 in: Procrastination help
  • PeterW 
What Claudio said. :\
PeterW 

Posted Jul 19, 2010 in: Procrastination help
  • PeterW 
Posted by cjuzda:
So far, so good, I've put everything into Backlog and started to add new items to Active and moved Hard due date items to the calendar (Calengoo). This has been very liberating as I'm no longer mentally committed to such a huge list.

Good to hear! Assigning 'soft' due dates is definitely an easy trap to fall into. I still do it occasionally because old habits die hard.

My recently created 'Focus List' (my version of a Hotlist) is working well for me in terms of having a short list of what needs to be done before the rest and it's easy to move things on and off the list.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2010
Yes - try this: Due date is in the last 999 days
PeterW 

Posted Jul 15, 2010 in: editing tasks online
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2010
Another thing you can try is to unload browser add-ins that may be conflicting.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 15, 2010 in: How to create a custom Hotlist
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2010
@benny - cool, thanks. Makes sense.

Using "due before today" works the way I've set my search up but your saved search is a lot smaller and neater.

I just tweaked mine to include 'start date is before tomorrow' to hide tasks that I don't want to see until their actual start date.

Save searches are very cool. But I really want task counts on the tabs now, and a way to sort them without using numbers.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2010
My repeating tasks don't do this because I set a start date (set the same as the due date) and this gets moved forward automatically with the due date. So the tasks don't appear until I want them to.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 14, 2010 in: Add 'star' as criteria for Hotlist
  • PeterW 
I'm not asking for that. Just want it added as an optional criteria.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 14, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • PeterW 
@spamboy6547 - I agree that the interface needs improvement. Toodledo is aware also and I hope it is currently being worke on.

Were you aware that you can install user theme scripts in FireFox and Chrome to make things look a little better? I use FireFox with the free Stylish add-in along with a theme that puts the tabs down the side instead of across the top and with more subdued colors. It's worth a look while we wait for a better default interface.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 14, 2010 in: How to create a custom Hotlist
  • PeterW 
@benny - I tried this but it didn't work for me.

The problem is that in addition to items that are overdue or due today or the next 1 day, I also want to see items that have no due date but are either starred or have a high or top priority.

Using one AND with many ORs results in all my items with no due dates appearing in the hotlist. This is why I had to split up my rules.

Unless I misunderstood something?
PeterW 

Posted Jul 13, 2010 in: Add 'star' as criteria for Hotlist
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 13, 2010
In case anyone else is in the same boat (i.e. wanting to build your own Hotlist but with additional criteria such as 'starred' items), I've posted a message in the Tips & Tricks forum showing the criteria to use.

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/6757/0/how-to-create-a-custom-hotlist.html

Jake - while this provides a workaround, search tabs lack item counts and of course you lose the auto-email of the Hotlist. So providing additional criteria to the Hotlist would be a valuable enhancement.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 13, 2010 in: How to create a custom Hotlist
  • PeterW 
If you want to build your own Hotlist but need additional criteria to those provided in the default Hotlist (i.e. due date and priority), here is how you can do it using a saved search.

My desired criteria are:
1. Items that are due today
2. Items that are due tomorrow
3. Items that are overdue
4. Items that have high priority
5. Items that have top priority
6. Items that are starred

Items 1-5 can be handled by Toodledo's default Hotlist, so the only additional criteria I've added is #6 which add's 'starred' items. Of course you can add additional criteria if you wish or change the number of days ahead to display for due dates.

Match ANY of the following criteria
Checked off = No
Due date is before today
Due date is not no date
or
Checked off = No
Due date is in the next 1 day
or
Checked off = No
Priority is 2 High
or
Checked off = No
Priority is 3 Top
or
Checked off = No
Starred = Yes

Note that you must set the search to match "any" criteria so that you get the "or" operand between rules.

A few minor issues:
a. Task counts are not displayed on Search tabs
b. No ability to email this list (like you can with the default hotlist)
PeterW 

Posted Jul 13, 2010 in: iPhone app version 2.0.2
  • PeterW 
When you go into the calendar screen to set a custom date, there is a button on the top right hand side of the screen. Tap that and the calendar will flip over to reveal a scroll-wheel date picker.
PeterW 

Posted Jul 13, 2010 in: Tasks or Folders for Projects?
  • PeterW 
Posted by Jeff:
6 People on the team. Multiple ongoing projects >50. Each project has various tasks involved, each with its own list of subtasks. We're looking for a way to organize these tasks/subtasks and easily assign them to any of the 6 people from either the web app, the iPhone or Outlook.

Toodledo really isn't a project management solution. You can probably bend it a bit to make it work for you but with 6 people and the kind of complexity you get in the construction industry, I'd suggest you go for something more robust.

Here's one that I've seen during my web surfing. I've never use it but it looks comprehensive and should tick most of the boxes you've mentioned. http://www.proworkflow.com/
PeterW 

Posted Jul 13, 2010 in: Wow ... about date choice
  • PeterW 
This is a confirmed bug.

Refer to this thread for response from the developer and a workaround you can use in the meantime:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/6653/0/due-date-problem-in-v202.html
PeterW 

Posted Jul 13, 2010 in: Task Details quick link?
  • PeterW 
I assume that you are working in "grid" mode?

In which case, this isn't currently possible.

However if you switch to "multi-line" mode this is exactly how it works. You can enable all fields but will only ever see the task name and the due date along with a few of the icons (e.g. star, checkbox). Clicking on the blue arrow expands the task so that you can see all other fields and edit them.

(Note that you might not see the due date field - it might be something else depending on how the view is sorted).
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Your Toodledo email address can be found here:
http://www.toodledo.com/connect_email.php
PeterW 

Posted Jul 12, 2010 in: Add 'star' as criteria for Hotlist
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 12, 2010
Thanks, I will do this as an interim measure.

BTW has anyone asked for task count indicators on Search tabs? I've only just noticed that they aren't there.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next