ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Jan 19, 2010 in: Good CRM?
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2010
  • Score: 0
Our company is currently using salesforce.com but our sales director pitched a replacement today that looked cool. It is called Prophet and it is an Outlook Add-in.

http://www.avidian.com/
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2010
While I agree that Toodledo could do with some general improvement in appearance, it's really not that bad. I didn't have any trouble at all seeing the add-a-task button/link when I first started using Toodledo.

I'm happy that the developer is favouring function over form.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 18, 2010 in: Another Simple Theme
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2010
I have no knowledge of programming or scripts so can you give me a clue on where to start if I just want to change colours and font weight?

I can see how I can edit the script with the Stylish plugin but none of what I see makes much sense, e.g:
color: #1e454f

How do you know what colour that is?
PeterW 

Posted Jan 17, 2010 in: Another Simple Theme
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2010
Hey Vin,

Thanks for the update. I always felt the same (considered red to be the most urgent) so this update is fantastic. Thanks heaps!

Regards,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 14, 2010 in: folders, tabs, and screen width
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2010
Well, not really. I use folders to divide tasks departmentally, e.g. Finance, Admin, OH&S, etc. Projects are place within each of these as needed.

I don't create a folder for every project - that would be too cumbersome for me.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 10, 2010 in: put "no folder" up
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2010
Yes, I'd like the "No Folder" folder to be renameable.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 10, 2010 in: How to use folders?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2010
I use folders to separate tasks by type, e.g. for work tasks I have folders named Admin, Finance, IT Systems, OH&S, etc. And I have one personal folder where I dump anything not work related.

I use only two Contexts - Business and Personal - so I can simply filter my tasks by those contexts when I am at work and at home.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 05, 2010 in: Apps you use on a daily basis
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2010
Just found a new time tracking app on iTunes that I like the look of. It's called TimeLines from Cronologic. You get a free account with it on their website. Will try it out to see what it's like.

http://www.cronologic.ca/index.htm
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Good to hear! I was also a little suspicious of all the fuss about the iPhone until I used one. I've never looked back. Those who say it's not a business device haven't used one. It beats the pants off of WM for email, calendar, and contacts. You have to find your own Task manager but hey, that's how I found Toodledo and Appigo Todo and they beat the pants off Outlook 2007's wimpy task manager.

I needed the ability to have multiple calendars for a long time on WM but there was no hope in sight - iPhone does it brilliantly.

To answer one of the older posts above - I am using MobileMe and it works just fine. I run it on my Windows PC using FireFox but have tried it with IE and both work perfectly well. There is no need for Safari.

It is a very reliable service. I don't actually use it much online though - I use the Control Panel applet to sync my Outlook data from my home computer to the iPhone (Exchange handles the work side of my data) and have no problems at all with it. I also like the ability to create additional calendars and color code them, and the "Find my Phone" feature is great too (stopped me worrying when I couldn't find my phone after getting home one day - I'd left it at the office).

This message was edited Jan 05, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 05, 2010 in: Apps you use on a daily basis
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
Great thread - am investigating all the apps posted so far.

Here's what I use every day:
* Outlook 2007 - at work (email, calendar, contacts). Microsoft Exchange syncs all data automatically with my iPhone.
* Outlook 2007 - at home (personal email, calendar, contacts)
* Toodledo.com - both work and personal task management.
* Appigo Todo - on my iPhone, synced with Toodledo.
* MobileMe - used to sync personal calendar and contact data between Outlook 2007 and my iPhone. It also lets me have additional calendars, e.g. for family stuff.
* iPhone Calendar and Contacts - love the ability to overlay all calendars (personal and work).
* ClockedIn - http://www.kyoobed.com/applications/clockedin/iphone - little app for recording how your time is spent then graphically displaying it.

Other apps used at work (not time management-related) include:
* Word 2007
* Excel 2007
* Dynamics AX (Microsoft Axapta)

This message was edited Jan 05, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 27, 2009 in: 2009 In Review
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 27, 2009
I found Toodledo after purchasing Appigo Todo for my iPhone. I'm now a subscriber and very very happy with the service.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 15, 2009 in: Another Simple Theme
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2009
Jason - that's weird... mine is working perfectly.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 15, 2009 in: Another Simple Theme
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2009
Hey Vin,

I have a small suggestion to improve this script.

On the "Recently Completed" tab, the due date field is displaying with a red highlight the same as it would for incomplete tasks that are overdue. Would it be possible to make it so that this highlight is not used for completed tasks?

Thanks,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 14, 2009 in: Another Simple Theme
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 14, 2009
Hi Vin,

I am using "Stylish". I hadn't noticed the "S" in the corner before now so thanks for that!

Regards,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 14, 2009 in: Another Simple Theme
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 14, 2009
I've admired your work but never tried it out because the talk of installing "scripts" worried me a little - I am just not that technical!

I finally went ahead and installed the FireFox addins this morning and then the script for the theme above and it looks great! I especially like the colored text. Thanks heaps for your work on this.

One question though - how would I try out a different theme... i.e. how do I disable the theme I've just installed if I want to try another?

Regards,
Peter.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 25, 2009
I'm a long time PDA and smartphone user (e.g. Palm Pilot, Palm III, XDA II Mini, i-Mate JAMin, Palm Treo 750) and a few months ago migrated to iPhone 3Gs. So I am used to using these types of devices (both with soft keyboards and real keyboards).

I think the iPhone is a remarkable leap ahead over Palm and WM devices. It's a combination of good design and form factor, simplicity of use (both setup and applications), good speed - it just works!

While there is always room for improvement on any mobile device, I've found the iPhone to be a much better implementaton than anything else I've ever used, and I don't find myself without any of the important business features I've come to rely on.

And after 25 years of using Microsoft OS based PC's, the pleasure of using an iPhone is tempting me to think about purchasing a Mac for my home computer for the first time. If they can get a mobile device so right, I'm thinking that they're probably also doing personal computers a whole lot better too.

This message was edited Nov 25, 2009.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 24, 2009 in: Seriously, How About That Design?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 24, 2009
I'd also appreciate a new gui. I find myself decreasing the browser font size in order to create a bit more space and make it easier to read.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 23, 2009 in: Difference Between Folders and Contexts
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 23, 2009
I use only two contexts - business and personal - to divide my To-dos. So the context for me is a simple filter that I can use to display what I want to see at any time.

I have many folders, e.g. admin, finance, IT, OH&S etc, all relating to specific areas of my work.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 18, 2009 in: Manual Sorting of Subtasks.
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 18, 2009
I've posted a request on their Google Groups forum.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 17, 2009 in: Manual Sorting of Subtasks.
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
PeterW: I am not sure if it does work with Appigo ToDo. If it does, great, but I suspect that it might not, since we just released this and Appigo hasn't had a chance to see it yet.

Hmmm... you're right. I did a quick test but must have fluked it somehow. Certainly can't make it work now.

Oh well. I will ask Appigo about when they might be supporting this feature.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next