Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Nov 14, 2011 in: Tabbing to fields in the date popup
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 14, 2011
  • Score: 0
Hi,

I always use the keyboard when entering new tasks, so I tab from field to field. When I get to the due date field, I can tab within the popup but there is a problem.

Starting at the modifier field, I can tab to the date field and then to the due time field. So far so good.

However the next press of the tab key takes me out of the date popup. I am unable to tab to the Alarm checkbox field or the no. of minutes field. So I have to take my hands off the keyboard and click in those fields with the mouse.

Could these two fields be added to the tab order so I don't have stop using the keyboard and grab the mouse? For those tasks where I don't need to set an alarm, it's easy just to tab through quickly.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 12, 2011 in: Sort by date
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 12, 2011
Yes, I hadn't thought of that. A simple drag-and-drop sort would suit me just fine. I'd only use it on my Hotlist (saved search) but it would be great. Appigo Todo Online does it, and so does Nirvana. Unfortunately both are missing other stuff that I need. <sigh>
PeterW 

Posted Nov 10, 2011 in: Sort by date
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 10, 2011
  • Score: 1
That doesn't work if the tasks that have a due time are scheduled for the evening and the tasks that you want to get done during the day have no due time set.

Calendars work the way I want to see tasks sorted in Toodledo... all-day events are grouped at the top and time-based events are under them in order of their due time.

Toodledo's sort should match the way a calendar works.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 10, 2011 in: Task Dependency Status
  • PeterW 
Posted by alissimore:
This feature has been implemented very nicely in Nirvana 2.0.

A number of former Toodledo users went over to Nirvana for this very reason, i.e. project handling in Toodledo is weak.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 10, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: -1
tania_elisha,

Provided that you're using either FireFox or Google Chrome as your browser, all you need to do is install a free add-on named Stylish.

Stylish for FireFox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/

Stylish for Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe

Once Stylish is added into your browser, you can then install user scripts that have been created for Toodledo. Aside from the small script I posted in the thread linked above, you can find more here:
http://userstyles.org/styles/browse/toodledo?sort=updated_date&sort_direction=desc

This may seem a bit convoluted but it's fairly straightforward and once done, you don't need to do anything else. And you can edit any of the scripts to tailor them to your preference. For example, if you don't like one of the colours I've used in my script, you just replace the hex code (the code that starts with #) with something else. To find colour codes, you can use a website like this to find a colour and see it's hex code: http://www.colourlovers.com/.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 10, 2011 in: Sort by date
  • PeterW 
Yes, but then any tasks that have a due date and a due time are reversed which is not what I want. I want the tasks with no due time first and then tasks with due time sorted earliest first.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 10, 2011 in: What happens if...
  • PeterW 
Yes, it's working as advertised.

From the Help system:

Optionally on:
You can also designate a task as optional (abbreviated with a "?"). This acts like "=", but if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed, or moved forward if it is a repeating task.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 09, 2011 in: Colour choice for row styles
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 09, 2011
  • Score: -1
In case anyone used my little script, I've updated it to do a few more things.

1. Use Segoe UI font to provide a nicer appearance.

2. Use of colours for due dates
    Overdue is bright red bold (removed italics)
    Due today is bold blue
    No due date is black

3. Formatting for multi-line mode
    Fields are closer together (so more fit on one line)
    Fields are underlined rather than in a box border

This script was done for Chrome. If used in FireFox you will need to insert the usual opening Mozilla statement.

-------------------------------------------------------
/*
Toodledo - theme by PeterW - Version 1.2
*/

body {font-family: Segoe UI !important;}

.date1 {color: #085DB7 !important;}
.date2 {color: #3E7AB4 !important;}
.date3 {color: #f73b42 !important; font-weight:bold !important; !important;
}

.dets_top {padding-top:2px !important;}
.del {margin-right:0 !important}
.det {width:auto !important;}

.row:hover .det span,.row:hover .dets_top span,.row:hover .dets_top2 span,.row:hover .note div {
border: none !important;
padding:3px !important;
}

.det span:hover {text-decoration:underline !important;}
-------------------------------------------------------
PeterW 

Posted Nov 09, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
  • PeterW 
rachelhumphrey & tania_elisha:

There is a work-around that can be used to at least provide a bit of colour. Check out this thread:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/11859/0/colour-choice-for-row-styles.html
PeterW 

Posted Nov 09, 2011 in: Sort by date
  • PeterW 
Hi,

When tasks are sorted by due date, those that have a due time sort higher than those with no due time.

I think it should be the other way around, i.e. tasks with no due time should be highest on the list as they are a bit like all-day calendar events.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 09, 2011 in: multiple workspaces for one user
  • PeterW 
I don't think this is possible.

Users often distinguish between work and personal using Tags, Contexts or Folders.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 07, 2011
Actually, that might not be helpful.

I just checked my Toodledo activity log and can only see one sync from this morning, yet I know that I synced from my iPhone (running Appigo Todo) about 3 or 4 times after making a bunch of changes.

Something is not right.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
I've never seen anything like this happen, but have one small suggestion...

Check the sync activity page for your account:
http://www.toodledo.com/activity.php

It should show the IP address, description and date/time of all apps accessing your account.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 07, 2011 in: Task counts on Search tab?
  • PeterW 
Dear Toodledo,

Is there any update on this request? It is such an important feature for me and I assume many others.

Thanks.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 06, 2011 in: Todo from Appigo - very satisfied
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 06, 2011
The current version of Todo is definitely slower than previous versions although on my iPhone4 running iOS5 it's still pretty snappy. E.g. I see a brief pause occasionally on save of a task but we're talking a second at most.

Appigo submitted a new version of Todo to Apple last week so it should appear in the iTunes Store any day now, and it has more than a hundred bug fixes and improvements so you might want to take a look at that.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2011
Don't know if this will help, but there has been an update for Todo released just waiting for Apple's approval. It should appear any day now. Refer: http://www.appigo.com/blog

There are lots of small fixes and this one may be relevant:

5331: Fixed a sync problem with Toodledo seen after deleting tags
PeterW 

Posted Nov 03, 2011 in: iOS third party tools
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2011
Posted by Paul:
Also tried ToDo from Appigo again;, looks nice too.

One of them, however, screwed up my data during syncing (not sure which one), so I restored and I'm back to the official app.

I'm a long-time Appigo Todo user and don't have any sync issues. It's been a very reliable app and works well with Toodledo.
PeterW 

Posted Oct 31, 2011 in: Emailing lists of tasks
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2011

Retrieving Tasks Via Email
To retrieve a task, send an email that starts with a question mark (?) followed by what tasks you want to retrieve. You can retrieve tasks based on due-date, priority, folder or context.

Priority - Type from one to three exclamation points (!). For example: "!!!". This will return all tasks with a priority of "3 Top".
Due-Date - Type a # and then follow it with: overdue, today, tomorrow, this week, next week, or this month. For example: "#today". This will return all tasks that are due today. "#this week" would return all tasks with a due-date in the next 7 days.
Start-Date - Type a > and then follow it with: started, today, tomorrow, next week, or next month. For example: ">started". This will return all tasks that have started. ">next week" would return all tasks that don't start until next week.
Folder - To fetch all tasks in a particular folder use the * symbol followed by your folder name. For example: "*Chores".
Context - To fetch all tasks in a particular context use the @ symbol followed by your context name. For example: "@phone". Be sure to use your exact full context name. If your context is called "@home", you'll need to type "@@home".
Goal - To fetch all tasks in a particular goal use the + symbol followed by your goal name. For example: "+Exercise More".
Status - To fetch all tasks in a particular status use the $ symbol followed by the status. For example: "$Planning".
Tag - To fetch all tasks with a particular tag use the % symbol followed by your tag name. For example: "%tag1".
Star - To fetch all tasks with a star use the * symbol with nothing following it. For example: "*".
Location - To fetch all tasks in a particular location, use the - symbol followed by the location name. For example: "-home"
Putting it all together, here are some example email subjects that you could send to fetch some tasks:

?!! #this week
?*ProjectA @work *
?@phone !!! #today
It may take 1-2 minutes for your email to reach our server, get processed and then get returned to you.
PeterW 

Posted Oct 25, 2011 in: Wow, I am loving the improvements
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2011
Posted by User:
So I had been using Toodledo on the web for a while but REALLY didn't like the UI. Nirvana (web-based task manager) came along and I was happy. I loved the clean interface and it worked great. But the reliance on an Internet connection and the few updates were bringing me down, so I knew it wasn't permanent.

Interesting post!

I've had a Nirvana beta test account for some time and check out the forums over there occasionally to gauge progress. I like what they're doing but it's been very slow to develop. I also like that they listen to suggestions, think about them and debate pros/cons with users, and often implement the good ones along with their own development ideas.

The problem is that there is still a long way to go and they go quiet for periods of time - I assume it must be an issue of resources.
PeterW 

Posted Oct 25, 2011 in: Plugin warning and I'm stumped
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2011
Maybe try this to troubleshoot your problem:
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe%20Mode
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next