ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Mar 05, 2010 in: Tasks Sent to email dont arrive
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 05, 2010
  • Score: 0
Unless you specifically code the subject, email messages will be placed in "No Folder". Do you possible have any filters set that exclude "No Folder"?
PeterW 

Posted Mar 05, 2010 in: Question about "Filters ON"
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 05, 2010
Thanks for clarifying how it works.

I've just looked at this again and could see that I had the message at the bottom of my tasks saying "3 active tasks are hidden due to your filter settings. "

I couldn't see any obvious filters set although I did have sub-tasks set to hidden. So I selected "flattened" and the filter message at the bottom disappeared and 3 sub-tasks were displayed. However the link on the toolbar still showed "Filters ON".

I re-hid the sub-tasks and this time clicked on the link at the bottom to remove the filters. The 3 sub-tasks were displayed and this time the link on the toolbar was updated correctly.

When I re-hide the sub-tasks on this view, the link on the toolbard does not change back to "Filters ON" so something is not quite right.

Not a big deal though, just curious as to the incorrect indicator.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 04, 2010 in: Question about "Filters ON"
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2010
Hi there,

I am viewing tasks by Folder and have a filter set to display a single Context. The Filters link shows "Filters ON" and when I click on the link, it displays "Contexts (1)" to denote that I have a single Context filter set.

If I then change my View-by to Context, the Context filter is cleared which is helpful because it is not really applicable when viewing by Context. However the filters link on the toolbar still displays "Filters ON".

So the status of the link (or do you refer to it as a button?) is not being updated when you change the View-by method.

Hope that makes sense.

EDIT:
Just tried the same thing with the Tag filter, i.e. set tag filter, switched to view-by Context expecting this filter to be maintained, but it wasn't. So maybe this (whether filters are maintained or not when switching view-by method) needs looking further into.

This message was edited Mar 04, 2010.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
I consistently get my daily Hotlist from Toodledo. How do you get single task reminders?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
You might want to look at Pocket Informant. It has a much more comprehensive calendar, and it does task management too which I understand can be synced with Toodledo - although I haven't tried it so don't know for sure.

I used PI on Windows Mobile devices in the past and can vouch that the calendar views are pretty good - more of what you would be used to on your Palm device.

Unfortunately Apple is a bit behind in this and at present won't allow third party apps to access their calendar database, so I can't even use PI as it won't work with Exchange calendars.

But it might suit you.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 03, 2010 in: Tag filter
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 03, 2010
Fantastic - loving these enhancements!

EDIT: And I just noticed that the Filters button on the Toolbar now shows Filters ON when a context or tag filter has been set. Nice.

This message was edited Mar 04, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 03, 2010 in: Tag autocomplete + multi-context filter
  • PeterW 
Posted by Proximo:
I still can't create a task with multiple context...

I have a @work context, but would like to assign @Call, @Errand, @Computer, etc to the same task.

Hi Proximo,

I use a combination of contexts and tags to achieve this. For example, the context @call will usually have a tag of business or personal. This gives me a bit of flexibility as I can then look at all calls, only work calls, only personal calls, or a combination of both.

The only other suggestion I have is that you could create a few additional contexts, e.g. @work call, @personal call, etc.

My implementation (based on yours) keeps tags for areas of focus and contexts as contexts.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Posted by Toodledo:
I was unable to replicate the problem, but I think I found it anyway. Can you please confirm if it is fixed now?

Thanks - working correctly again for me now.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Posted by Toodledo:
It must be related to our new context filter.

I'm seeing a problem with sub-tasks also.

My default view is to have sub-tasks set to Hidden, but I've just noticed that I can no longer view them Indented. When I click on the link, nothing happens. The Flattened view still works though.

Using FF 3.6.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
@Chitu,

One thing you could consider is rethinking your use of contexts. In the examples given in your post, the phone call that can be done either at work or at home should probably be contextualized as @call. Likewise, the letter that has to be mailed should probably be contextualized as @errands.

The new feature that allows filtering for multiple contexts at a time could be used also, although I feel that the above might be a better implementation.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 02, 2010 in: Tag autocomplete + multi-context filter
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 02, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Here are a couple nice improvements for today.

These are very cool enhancements! Just tried them out and they work great.

One question - the text in the header bar when I filter by more than one context says:
9 To-dos in folder 'Next', sorted by Due-Date, filtered by context '' rather than showing the context names. For one context it works fine.

This message was edited Mar 02, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 02, 2010 in: Retain deleted iphone tasks in Web App?
  • PeterW 
Hi,

I assume that deleted tasks in Todo (iPhone) are also deleted on Toodledo after a sync.

If you mean "completed" tasks, there is a synchronization setting in Todo to set how long you want to keep completed tasks on the iPhone. So you could set completed tasks to be removed from the iPhone immediately but they should remain in Toodledo according to whatever retention settings are in place.

Apologies if I've misunderstood.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 02, 2010 in: 2Do app with Toodledo
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
Posted by cjuzda:
I'm trying 2Do for a few days to see how it stacks up

Thanks for the review cjuzda - much appreciated!

Keeping things neatly synced with Toodledo is important for me so having to work around the lack of contexts in 2Do would be a show stopper. Nonetheless it's good to see some competition in this space and especially from developers who are looking to make apps that look great and are fun to use.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 02, 2010 in: Feature Requests and Fixes
  • PeterW 
Posted by richard:
On Website ...
2. Email import to a settable default folder instead of no folder

This would be OK as long as we can leave the default blank to go to "No folder". I forward emails without any specification as to folder, context, tag, due date etc and process my Inbox (No folder) on Toodledo.com when I have time.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 01, 2010 in: Firefox plugin where's "remind me" ?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 01, 2010
@Transisto: I can answer your question.

I'm not a programmer but I do work for an organisation that makes its living writing software. I can say categorically that yes, coding an enhancement, testing it, and deploying it would take a lot more time that writing a 7-word response here in the forums.

As for timelines, Toodledo is not a large organisation so enhancements get prioritized in the order that they alone decide. I'm guessing this one is not high on the list.
PeterW 

Posted Mar 01, 2010 in: Appigo Todo now better for GTD
  • PeterW 
Posted by Proximo:
I changed my Inbox folder back to No Folder because the default to Inbox did now work across the board. Only items created on the site.

How hard could it be to allow the rename of a folder?

I bet if a poll was taken, that most people would prefer Inbox over No Folder. Having the option to name it what you want would be the best solution.

I agree.

Unfortunately, Jake has put quite a low priority on this:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/4671/-24955/inbox-request-option-to-rename-no-folder.html
PeterW 

Posted Mar 01, 2010 in: iCal sync
  • PeterW 
@Chitu,

I am sure there are probably quite a lot of users who would like to combine task management with calendar items in one view. I am also a GTD person but I use a Windows PC both at work and at home. So iCal is of no interest to me at all.

My work uses Microsoft Exchange which syncs nicely with the iPhone and at home I use Outlook with MobileMe to keep my personal stuff synced. While I like the idea of pulling calendar data into Toodledo's calendar, this would need to be more than just iCal to be useful to many users.

Regards,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 28, 2010 in: 2Do app with Toodledo
Score: 2
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2010
  • Score: 2
I've been keeping an eye on 2Do and just went to their website for a closer look.

It seems that the app does not support contexts. Is this correct? This would be a show-stopper for quite a few potential users I would think.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 28, 2010 in: Appigo Todo now better for GTD
  • PeterW 
Posted by Terry:
Has anyone figured a way to have the Todo app's 'Inbox' sync with a Toodledo 'Inbox' folder, as per Proximo's setup. It seems that anything in the Todo 'Inbox' shows up in the 'No folder' section of Toodledo.

If there is no workaround then I guess I will have to start using the Toodledo 'No folder' to act as my inbox.

Any suggestions anyone?

No, that's the way it is at the moment. Toodledo's No Folder = Appigo's Inbox. A few of us have asked if we can have a feature that lets us rename No Folder to Inbox. Maybe one day.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 28, 2010 in: The last feature you need to add
  • PeterW 
Posted by c.barber78:
Posted by Toodledo:
We plan to add both of these features to our iPhone app.

Nice, I was searching up and this is one of the features I would love to see, any ideas on a time frame?

I think you will find an answer to that question here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2/0/read-me-first.html
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next