Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Feb 08, 2010 in: Formatting of the notes field
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 08, 2010
  • Score: 0
Hi there,

I've just cut & pasted some text that was in a table in an email into the notes field of a task. Within the notes field editor window, the pasted data had a tab between each field so I simply inserted some additional tabs to get the columns to line up nicely and make it look readable.

However as soon as I clicked out of the notes field and the font changed to a propotional font, all of the additional tabs were ignored and the resulting table of data looked very messy and unreadable.

Is it possible for the notes field to respect all inserted tabs rather than just one?
PeterW 

Posted Feb 08, 2010 in: RSS Feeds for all forums
  • PeterW 
Posted by Linden:
The "go to first unread post" feature is already implemented on the forums themselves. Click the red page icon to jump to the first unread post in the thread.

Thanks Linden!!! That's exactly what I wanted. Had no clue it was the folder that provided the functionality!

Cheers,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 08, 2010 in: Change Completed Date?
  • PeterW 
+1 :)
PeterW 

Posted Feb 07, 2010 in: Changing the Completed Date
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2010
I'd like this too.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 07, 2010 in: RSS Feeds for all forums
  • PeterW 
Good idea.

I'd like a link alongside each topic named "go to first unread post" to save me opening the thread and scrolling.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 07, 2010 in: Offline access via Google Gears ?
  • PeterW 
Posted by Kali:
love toodledo--hate being on the airplane and not being able to review and organize my to do list...another customer asking for offline access ! ;0

That's one of the places I use my iPhone for - on the plane. It beats getting the laptop out, especially if you fly coach and the passenger in front decides to recline suddenly.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 06, 2010 in: Filter drop-down field is too small
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 06, 2010
One thing I noticed from using this workaround in FF...

The popup calendar gets a bit screwed up, e.g. the time field wraps onto the next line and the quick links next to the calendar sometimes overlap onto the calendar.

I wondered why this was happening for a few days until I remembered my workaround. When I reset FF to its default state, the popup calendar reverted to its normal state.

So if this can be fixed Jake (i.e. ensure the font in the drop-down fields doesn't get to small when the user selects to zoom the browser window) it would be great.

This message was edited Feb 06, 2010.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2010
I've seen that too and thought I was just not pressing the screen the right way!
PeterW 

Posted Feb 05, 2010 in: Offline alternative to Toodledo?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2010
PeterW 

Posted Feb 04, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2010
  • Score: 1
Fair enough. I certainly won't complain about any improvements that are made!
PeterW 

Posted Feb 04, 2010 in: Checklist
  • PeterW 
Hi,

Appigo Todo's checklists do sync with Toodledo. They appear as a task with sub-tasks and the task has the following in its notes which I assume is so Todo knows how to handle it:
---- Task Type: Checklist ----
---- End Task Type ----

So you will need a pro account with Toodledo to work with checklists.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 04, 2010 in: Let me know which tags you are using
  • PeterW 
My tags are simple:
business, family, personal, church

I handle most other things with Context, e.g:
work, home, calls, online, errands

So any household todos will be tagged either family or personal and context = home. I put a due date on for Saturday or Sunday if I plan to do it on the weekend.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 03, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2010
  • Score: -1
@Proximo - are you talking about the site's colours, fonts, and placement, size and layout of buttons/folders etc? I.e. purely the way it looks rather than the way it works?

I just don't have that much of a problem with how Toodledo looks. I think the design works well, is very functional and gives me what I need. I use some of Vin's Stylish scripts in FF to change fonts/colours from time to time and sometimes switch back to the default just for a change of scenery.

I'm not sure what I am missing. I started using computers back at MS-DOS 3.3 so I've seen plenty of ugly screens. I don't think Toodledo is one of them.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 03, 2010 in: IPhone, Voice Memos, Toodledo
  • PeterW 
Some folk here have mentioned Dial2Do as a way of getting voice messages auto-emailed. Here is a link: http://www.dial2do.com/
PeterW 

Posted Feb 03, 2010 in: Cool new iPhone ToDo app
  • PeterW 
Posted by zespri:
Another app of the series:
http://getitdoneapp.com/iphone-todo-list-task-manager.php

Just took a look. The interface is nice but it's missing some key features for me, e.g. contexts.

Same applies to another app I've seen recently: Doit.im. They offer iPhone app and a desktop version than runs via Adobe Air so it runs on Win/Mac/whatever. Both are free. However they don't have contexts either.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 02, 2010 in: iPhone app updated to version 1.5.7
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 02, 2010
It's there now for me!
PeterW 

Posted Feb 02, 2010 in: Read Me First
Score: 3
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 3
Hi Gwen,

If you are wanting to sync Toodledo with Outlook, you will need to download and install a third-party application. More details can be found here: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_outlook.php

I don't use this software so can't comment on the previous poster's question about categories/folders.

For what it's worth, I gave up using Outlook's Tasks for task management. It was just too light-weight and in any case, there is no default Task app on the iPhone or iPod Touch anyway.

I've found that using Toodledo online and Appigo Todo on the iPhone to be a great combo as I can sync via the cloud automatically no matter where I am.

In terms of calendars, my iPhone syncs with my work Exchange server and for home, I use MobileMe to sync. This works well.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Posted by zjkarim:
Can someone help me here, in Proximo's videos, he has the following columns: Task, Folder, Context, Due Date/Time, Length, Repeat. How does one go about showing only those columns?

Use the "customize" feature. There are two icons located at the top right hand side of the main Toodledo screen with the word "Customize" alongside.

The left icon allows you to select which fields to display. Simply check/uncheck the various fields. The right icon allows you to move and resize the columns.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 01, 2010 in: Finally got my iPhone and Toodleo App.
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2010
I have used PI on a WM device in the past. From what I can see, the iPhone version is not as feature rich yet and the show-stopper for me is that it does not sync with Exchange or the default calendar (apparently Apple doesn't allow the latter yet).
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2010
I have both Appigo Todo and Toodledo on my iPhone. I've been using Todo (full version) for 3+ months and only recently purchased Toodledo to see what it was like and to support the cause here.

I much prefer the Todo interface compared with Toodledo's which IMhO is very "monochrome". Todo just seems to have more "style" about it. I don't use stars in Toodledo online so the lack of stars in Todo doesn't affect me. And I like the embedded notes in Todo compared with tapping a button in Toodledo to see notes.

I've been posting feature requests and questions in Appigo's Google Group lately and they've all been acknowledged/answered so they seem reasonably responsive. They're probably about due for an update so it will be interesting to see what they include next.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next