ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Jan 27, 2011 in: Errors syncing with ToDO
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2011
  • Score: 0
Weird... I am a long-time Appigo Todo user (iPhone) and the syncing has always been reliable. Have you posted a message on their support forums?
PeterW 

Posted Jan 26, 2011 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 2
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2011
  • Score: 2
Posted by Salgud:
Anything without the MS logo is considered dangerous at best, if not downright subversive.

That's pretty funny. I think most people would think that anything WITH the MS logo is subversive and dangerous.

This message was edited Jan 26, 2011.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 25, 2011 in: Relative column widths?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2011
I don't have a solution but a few workarounds...

1. Zoom the browser on your laptop, e.g. Ctrl - will step it down by a set % and you will be able to see more.

2. Switch to multi-line mode (single click in Toodledo). This reduces the display to just the task name & the primary sort field (and the star icon) but I find this enough.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 25, 2011 in: Add weekdays to dates
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2011
If you hover your mouse pointer over the due date, the weekday will be shown in a popup.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 24, 2011 in: Maintenance Tuesday night
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2011
Thanks. It's good for me - national holiday tomorrow in Australia so I won't be looking at my Toodledo lists!
PeterW 

Posted Jan 24, 2011 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: -1
Posted by Salgud July 15, 2010:
@PeterW

Yes, I am aware of the themes. Thanks for mentioning them. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with IE7 at work, and I have a Mac at home. Don't know if those themes will work on the OSX platform yet.

Still, I think that Toodledo needs more than a theme to make it more palatable to the eye. I saw that this is a common complaint and decided to add my 2 bits.

@Salgud,

Not sure if you've seen this or if I've mentioned this before, but there is a way to have user-styles for IE:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/9381/0/updated-toodledo-distraction-free.html
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Thanks Jake.

I can never remember what those American time abbreviations are.

@Andrew A - not too late... 2:00pm in Sydney.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
For those of us not in the USA, what is the GMT offset for PST?
PeterW 

Posted Jan 24, 2011 in: Appigo Todo Metadata
  • PeterW 
Appigo's checklist does the same thing. It's never been a problem for me as I never put any other notes in a parent task. If I have notes they are in sub-tasks.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 23, 2011 in: Change Completion Date
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2011
  • Score: 1
PeterW 

Posted Jan 23, 2011 in: Badges not updating on iPhone
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2011
Posted by princesultan:
My settingnwas set to device alarms. What's the benefit of this setting?

I'm not using the Toodledo iPhone app at the moment, but my recollection is that device-based alarms have the benefit of allowing the user to set multiple reminders.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 22, 2011 in: Badges not updating on iPhone
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 22, 2011
Reminders on the iPhone can either be local (done by the iPhone itself) or remote (sent by the website). It sounds like you want the latter. This was the only option until a later version of iOS permitted local alarms.

Check out this help topic: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85

I am guessing that this preference may have been changed after updating the Toodledo app.

This message was edited Jan 22, 2011.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 22, 2011
Yes, exactly what I am doing.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 21, 2011 in: android
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 21, 2011
Toodledo has not developed an Android app but there are third-party Android apps that sync nicely with Toodledo. I've seen mention of at least three in these forums. Go to the "Third Party" section of the forums to find info about them.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 20, 2011 in: Assigning to multiple folders
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2011
  • Score: 1
Or you could 'clone' the task as many times as needed (click on the lego block icon to access this option) and put each copy into the required folders.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 20, 2011 in: Checking toodledo
  • PeterW 
David Allen's book "Getting Things Done" (GTD) has some good suggestions on how to deal with these problems.

For example, make sure you always have tools to capture your thoughts. I purchased some small inexpensive notepads which I have in strategic places with a pen, e.g. in the center console of my car, on my bedside table, on my desk at work, next to the phones at home, etc. These get put into a tray and entered later when there's time. I also have my iPhone with me most of the time and can add tasks into it directly and sync with Toodledo.

As for checking your lists, this is something you need to get into the habit of doing. If you commit everything to your lists and trust them to be complete and accurate, then you tend to begin relying on them every day. GTD also recommends doing a weekly review where you go through every task to review, update, progress, etc.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 20, 2011 in: collaboration
  • PeterW 
Just give your special Toodledo email address to your spouse and they can simply email tasks to your account.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 19, 2011 in: Some more updates...
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
4) It is now possible to construct an advanced search using a rule with a specific relative date. For example, if you want to search for all tasks due "tomorrow", you can now do this with the "Due-date is in 1 day" search rule, and it will always show tomorrow's tasks. This type of search used to be possible by combining multiple rules, but this should make it easier.

Can you please expand on this a little? I already have a saved search using "Due Date is in the next 1 days". How does "is in the next" differ from "is in"?
PeterW 

Posted Jan 18, 2011 in: email import
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2011
I assume you're talking about sending an email to Toodledo?

You mentioned that you've enabled this feature here:
http://www.toodledo.com/connect_email.php

But are you sending to the special email address that is shown on that page just above the 'enable' checkbox?

There is additional help on this feature located here:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php

Note that if you don't specify any syntax in the subject of the email, the new task will default to 'No Folder', 'No Context' etc so check what view you are using when looking for the task.
PeterW 

Score: 4
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2011
  • Score: 4
I've heard nothing about it since my original post the middle of last year.

Having this field displayed would make a big difference to those of us using subtasks.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next