ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 16, 2010
  • Score: 0
I've also been been thinking about the News forum recently - threads are sometimes taken off-track and have bug reports and comments in them, and as you've mentioned older threads get bumped up by posts which can be confusing even for regulars.

My feeling is that the News forum should be restricted so that only Toodledo can post announcements there. This would remove the need for prefixing the subject with a date and would also solve the problem of sort order caused when follow up posts bump older messages. And it keeps the News section clean which would be a good reference for both new and existing users.

It also forces (encourages?) us to start our own threads in the Questions forum if we want to ask something or make a request or comment, which I think would be much neater all round.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 16, 2010
@flaneige - try emptying out your browser cache. This can sometimes remedy problems with the site.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 15, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPad / iPhone version 2.0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 15, 2010
Posted by Transisto:
Unfortunately as an old user I felt it being imposed on me given the prominence of the black stripe.

Many iPhone apps have this type of navigation bar at the bottom of the screen, implemented either as tabs or as a dock for buttons. I'd suggest that better use of fonts and spacing in the main part of the screen could be done to solve space issues.

This message was edited Jun 15, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 15, 2010 in: December 31, 4000
  • PeterW 
Wormhole?

;)
PeterW 

Posted Jun 15, 2010 in: A quick suggestion
  • PeterW 
I guess from the perspective of sorting, yes the task may appear higher up the list if the date goes overdue. Bytor444 was wanting the actual priority field to be changed based on a date being reached, which isn't possible.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 15, 2010 in: A quick suggestion
  • PeterW 
Re #1 - this is not currently possible.

Re #2 - you might have to open a support ticket for this but I'd recommend posting this question to the "Questions" forum where the Toodledo Admin will see it and provide advice.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 14, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPad / iPhone version 2.0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 14, 2010
Hi,

Thanks for the update. A few comments follow:

1. I'm seeing the same issue with the labels/icons on the home screen. It appears to be a problem with the way the home screen slides in (iPhone 3GS 16gig).

2. I have some html tags in a few notebooks which works fine on the website but of course doesn't look great on the iPhone.

3. Not a big deal but removal of the sync button on the main screen is a minor issue for those who like to sync manually.

Cheers,
Peter.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 13, 2010
Posted by drjoshaxe:
Is there a way to make the Toodledo screen not so ugly or make it look just like Taska for the Ipad? I have Taska on the iPad and it looks great but then when I try and manage it on Toodledo from my desktop it looks hideous. Is there a way for them to look similar or is there are better application out there like Things or Todo???

There is something you can do to make Toodledo look better:

1. Install FireFox as your browser (free)
2. Install the Stylish add-on for Firefox (also free)
3. Install one or more of the user styles from this site: http://userstyles.org/styles/browse/toodledo.com (also free).

Regarding #3, I'd recommend either "Toodledoish" or "Toodledo Me Too". Both look great.

It won't take long, is not difficult to do, and makes the world of difference.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 11, 2010 in: Beginner : several questions
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2010
If you're using multi-line view, the note icon is not displayed on the first (displayed) line. You have to expand the task to see this field (and others) by clicking on the blue arrow.

If you're using grid mode, the note icon will be the last one on the right hand side - you may have to scroll to see it. Although there is now an option to move the notes icon to the left-hand side (see: Account Settings - Shows Tasks As).
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2010
Posted by Transisto:
Interesting vision, but I don't really understand these words.

"50k to runway" , "vision prompts"

What does energies mean in you context ? (length ?)

@Transisto - these are concepts from David Allen's "Getting Things Done" book and methodology. The "50K" refers to a "50,000 ft view" of your goals, i.e. a high-level view. "Runway" refers more to the day-to-day tasks you have to do.

"Energies" refers to the concept of tagging your tasks with the energy level required to complete the task. Some tasks require more effort than others just as some require more time than others. For instance at 5pm on a Friday afternoon, you would probably not want to tackle a task that takes 2 hours and requires a lot of effort. Using a time/energy tag can help you locate tasks that you are able to do, similar to using a context.

If you haven't read the GTD book I recommend having a look.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 10, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 10, 2010
  • Score: 1
That looks good. I like the combination of folders at the top and nav on the left hand side. The nav menu design looks like something else I've seen (maybe Omnifocus?) and I can see that it's also the inspiration for Nirvana's design.

Hopefully a big overhaul of the Toodledo interface is in the works now.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 10, 2010
Hi,

I've just upgraded my subcription from Pro to Pro-Plus. In addition to my suggestion a few weeks ago (asking if we could have the notes icon displayed on the first line of the multi-line view), I'd also like to request display of the attachment icon so that I can see at a glance whether or not an attachment exists on a task.

Thanks,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 09, 2010 in: why is there a new "actions" icon?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2010
Posted by Linden:
If you're using multiline view, I don't have enough experience to offer suggestions. :(

I can answer that one. In multi-line view, the Notes icon isn't displayed so there is no option to move it. A few of us have asked Toodledo if this icon could be displayed in multi-line view to save from having to expand the task to see if notes exist.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 09, 2010 in: How can I do scheduled backups?
  • PeterW 
Posted by Transisto:
there is many wais to download http://www.toodledo.com/csv.php

Excellent tip, Transisto!
PeterW 

Posted Jun 09, 2010 in: New action button and moving note icons
  • PeterW 
I'm ok with the new button (I've already commented in another thread) but based on this minor change, I can see that it is going to be a real minefield for Toodledo when they try to implement any major GUI overhaul! I hope this doesn't slow down some major changes.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 09, 2010 in: why is there a new "actions" icon?
  • PeterW 
I'm happy with the new icon. I much prefer to click to bring up the menu rather than hover and wait. I often found myself right-clicking on the checkbox which then put the Windows context menu over the top of the Toodledo menu when it appeared. While some long-time Toodledoers might not like it, it's much simpler for newer users.

I would really like that 'hand' icon dealt with - it's just so damned bold and ugly (IMhO). I guess that falls into general UI enhancements which I do hope are coming. After trialling out a few other systems, TD does look so dated (but it still has better features overall).
PeterW 

Posted Jun 09, 2010 in: notes of completed tasks
  • PeterW 
Yes, for some reason the notes of repeating tasks are not kept when completed. I guess they remain in the new (undone) task that was auto-created though so all is not lost.
PeterW 

Posted Jun 09, 2010 in: New action button and moving note icons
  • PeterW 
Posted by jfiala.prague:
Great update - thanks Toodledo! I am a multi-line user though and I have to admit that it would be handy to be able to distinguish ToDo's with and without a note to it on a first sight. Are you planning on implementing the note icon to the multi-line view as well?

I would actually prefer the grid view, but only if there was the option to put columns in a custom order... Would that be possible in the future as well?

I would also like to see the note icon on the main line of the multi-line view.

You can sort the order of columns in grid view. Simply clickon the second icon to the right of the word "Customize".

This message was edited Jun 09, 2010.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2010
Simplest way would be to create a search and save it. It is then available as a tab and can be used every day.

Criteria would simply be:
Checked off = yes
Completed date = today

You can also see completed tasks in the Main view - Recently Completed tab although this shows more than the current date.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2010
Yes, happening for me also. Although I've noticed that hitting <enter> on the keyboard closes the popup.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next