ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Oct 14, 2014 in: Search in all fields
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2014
  • Score: 1
Agreed, but it isn't going to happen, at least not in anything like "soon". The best workaround is to choose a view with the Notes fields exposed, then use your browser's Search This Page (ctrl F) function to do the search.

I have a couple of views I use especially for broad searches. One is called "All", and includes everything. I use it sparingly because it takes about 30 seconds to load. I also have a search for "Active", including all tasks with an "Active" or "Next Action" status, and a search called "Not Done", which, obviously, is everything not completed.

I use these rarely, but they're nice to have when I'm looking for that elusive task that has burrowed deep into my system and needs to be brought back into the light.
Salgud

Posted Oct 14, 2014 in: Email Warning
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Score: 0
Posted by delton.smith:
I just got an email saying the following:

Are you guys serious? I use this app all the time on my iPhone and just because I don't log in to the website, you were/are going to delete my account for "inactivity?" Pretty ridiculous...

Agreed. They should keep your space, and everyone else's, on their servers for all eternity so you can avoid the huge inconvenience of logging in once a year.
Salgud

Posted Oct 14, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Salgud
Posted by apastuszak:
I'd like an Inbox. I use uncategorized tasks as my inbox. But I would like it to actually be called Inbox and have it's own link.

I have that Inbox in TD. It's called a Saved Search. If you haven't investigated Saved Searches, you're missing the real power of TD. BTW, my Inbox is named "!Inbox", which puts it at the top of my Saved Searches list. In my case, when I add a task, it's automatically given a Due Date of Today, and a Status of Active. My criteria for being in the !Inbox search is no Folder assigned. You may do it differently, of course.
Salgud

Posted Oct 10, 2014 in: How do you Toodledo?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2014
Curious as to what "different apps" you use. Are they 3rd party apps? Desktop or iOS or Android?
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 07, 2014
Long-time request, on "the list".
Salgud

Posted Oct 07, 2014 in: RDMuir
  • Salgud
I think RDMuir is probably his name, Jake, though why he'd name his post using his name I have no idea.
Salgud

Posted Oct 07, 2014 in: Tasks to "save" for later
  • Salgud
I should have mentioned, I also have a Saved Search called "Deferred" which shows tasks that are Waiting (for someone else to do something), Hold (for me to decide to proceed), Someday, etc. This is part of my weekly review.
Salgud

Posted Oct 06, 2014 in: Confusion on filters on Web vs iSO app
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2014
Posted by Jake:
On the website, filters are on a per-view basis. In the iOS app filters are global. This is something we plan to address in a future update.

In that case, Jake, something is very wrong with my website, or my eyes. I turned on the filter for a rarely used Tag, Clearance, and most all my views showed no tasks, except for my "Active" view, which showed only one task, the only one I have currently with this tag. Then I turned off the filter for this tag, and all my views are back with the usual, expected list of tasks. Do I need to submit a trouble ticket?
Salgud

Posted Oct 06, 2014 in: Confusion on filters on Web vs iSO app
  • Salgud
Strange, but I'm not finding this to be true. When I set a filter in any view in the web app, that filter is applied universally to all views. I tried this with 3 different filter settings, the inline vs. indented filter for subtasks, I tried it with filtering on a single context, and I tried it with filtering on a tag. In all cases, after I changed the filter, when I changed views, the filter remained the same.

I didn't try it with the iOS version, as I'm pretty sure it's the same.

In my tests, the Sort order changes with views, but not the filters.
Salgud

Posted Oct 06, 2014 in: Search for Date Modifiers
  • Salgud
The only way I know is to do a page-based browser search for the question mark. In Chrome, and in most browser's I'm familiar with, I just do a Control F, which opens the browser page search dialog, and enter ?. It's a bit of a kludge, as it will find all occurrences of a ?, including any you have it task names (I use them for tasks where I need to ask someone something) or, if exposed when you do your search, in the notes field. So close the notes field before you do your search.
Salgud

Posted Oct 06, 2014 in: Tasks to "save" for later
  • Salgud
I give them a "Someday" status, and have created my own hot list as a Saved Search that excludes them. To use the built-in Hotlist, you'd have to check the "Next Action" option for this to work, which might or might not work for you, depending on how you use TD and what you want to see on your Hotlist.
Salgud

Posted Oct 06, 2014 in: Forum Search Improvement
  • Salgud
Interesting discussion. I was curious about the double colon (::) some of you used in your searches,as I hadn't run across that before. While I'm certainly far from a Google search expert, I do use it fairly extensively to search my Gmail (if there's one thing most everyone can agree on about Gmail, it's that it's great at hiding mail you know is there, somewhere). I did a google search for the :: in google search, but didn't find any mention of it. So I did 2 searches:
toodledo:forums:search:dependencies
and
toodledo:forums::search::dependencies

The results were almost exactly the same. In fact, the first 2 pages of results were exactly the same. The only difference I could find was the number of search results, which was 904 for the single colon search, and 905 for the double colon search. (I didn't take the time to look through all of them to find that one unique result for the :: search)
So I'm interested in knowing what the difference is.

This message was edited Oct 06, 2014.
Salgud

Posted Oct 02, 2014 in: Site Availability Oct 2, 2014
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2014
Thanks for letting us know, Jake.
Salgud

Posted Sep 24, 2014 in: View by Calendar
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2014
Posted by DSM:
I've mentioned this before in other ways as well. In order to get from here to there, the first fundamental step would seem to be for Toodledo to recognize the difference between a task (or to-do item) and an event (or calendar item). Currently, Toodledo has problems when trying to treat tasks as events (ie. the meeting is at timeX) as either alarms (ie. the meeting is about to begin) or start times don't make sense when a task is treated as an event. Fundamentally, it would seem that a field is needed to mark an item in Toodledo as either a task or an event. After that, though, what changes need to be made to accomodate this (even to the API) are probably quite big.

Toodledo should move in this direction as it would truly separate it from the other task managers out there. It should probably do it in a stepwise fashion and work with its customers on how to do this rather than keep everything under wraps until it is ready. Stepwise development done in concert with the customers can more easily be undone if it goes wrong. I hope they will consider this.

Of course, some of us don't view tasks and events in the GTD way. We view an event as a special kind of task with a set time and other participants, and plan accordingly, as nfink has said. So whatever you do this way, please keep in mind that we aren't all GTDers.
Salgud

Posted Sep 16, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Phase 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2014
Looks very good. It's encouraging to get an idea about what the working interface will be like.
Salgud

Posted Sep 11, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Sep 11, 2014
Am I mistaken, or are others? I read the introduction of Bridget to be about a facelift, in stages, for TD, but not about adding new features, such as being able to attach files or search task notes (which, by the way, we have been able to do for years). Did I misinterpret Bridget's role at TD?
Salgud

Posted Aug 20, 2014 in: Notes Search isn't very useful
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 20, 2014
Purveyor, I agree that hooking up with EN would have made more sense than the present offering. Then we'd have a full-featured Notes app alongside TD.
Salgud

Posted Aug 18, 2014 in: Hide completed tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2014
Just to the right of the Add Task box near the top left is a "Show" button. Click on that, the click on "Completed Tasks".

If you haven't discovered this filters box yet, give it a go, very useful.
Salgud

Posted Aug 18, 2014 in: Notes Search isn't very useful
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2014
Posted by Purveyor:
Perhaps just words but some very good words from Evernote's founder:
... there comes a time when ... it's more important to improve existing features than to add new ones. More important to make our existing users happier than to just add more new users.
From https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2014/01/04/on-software-quality/

Minor correction: Philbin is not EN's founder. He bought it about 5 or 6 years ago from it's founder, Pachikov, who is still listed as a corporate officer. Philbin is the CEO. They are preparing to do an IPO.

This message was edited Aug 18, 2014.
Salgud

Posted Aug 15, 2014 in: Notes Search isn't very useful
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Aug 15, 2014
Purveyor,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been using EN as my personal notes app for years, back when it had a lot of features it lacks today. I actually used the old pre-cloud desktop version at work for years, until it just was no longer viable with the updated versions of Windoze. Unfortunately, I work for the state, and EN in the cloud is blocked for security reasons. I've actually found a way around their block (just to be contrary), but if I actually kept any job-related information in EN and got caught, I could be in a lot of trouble.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next