ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Jan 10, 2012 in: Multi-Edit and Recurrence
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2012
  • Score: 0
There is no way to do that, other than editing them all.
Salgud

• Salgud
Sure, just google for "online project management".
Salgud

• Salgud
You'll have to create 4 tasks, one that repeats of the first day of each month, one that repeats on the second day of each month, one for the third day, one for the fourth day.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2012
Yes, SMS and email are the only options on the web.
Salgud

• Salgud
@Linda

Your post, the part I read, mirrors my concerns with GTD. Personally, I find it rather souless, though I acknowledge that you can put soul it just about anything if you want to. But it seems to me designed for busy-ness addicts that have more things on their task list than they can ever hope to accomplish (have seen some of them proudly post that they have "thousands" of tasks on their lists.) For sure, many use GTD far more wisely and post here frequently.

A different approach, which starts with values and goes from there, called "Zen to Done" (you don't have to be a Buddhist) is at:

http://zenhabits.net/about/

Under this kind of approach, you could put a lot of your uncategorized tasks, like "scan for viruses" in one, admittedly large, category called "Simplify", if in fact, that is a goal of yours. If not, something similar like "Peace of Mind" might work.

The great thing about TD is that it can accommodate both.

Finally, I'd suggest that you may have a tendency that I have, in wanting to plan it all out from the start. With a high-end task management system (if you're not looking for high-end, you're in the wrong place), I believe it's better to feel your way around. Start with a few basic fields that you know you want, then add as you find the need, keeping in mind that goal of "Peace of Mind". Allen calls this aspect "a trusted system". Same thing, except "Peace of Mind" not only applies to how you implement your task management system, but all your tasks and projects, even your whole life. I know I couldn't put together everything I currently have in my system in advance because there are so many factors to consider, as evidenced by the length and complexity of your original post, and you don't yet know all that TD can, and can't, do.

Feel free to right this all off as the lunatic ramblings of an old codger who's been playing with task management schemes from long before there were electronic tools, and has probably gone around the bend years earlier. :)
Salgud

Posted Jan 09, 2012 in: Tag editing
  • Salgud
I'm not fond of the way TD online handles tags, and have said so before. I'm hoping this get's fixed soon, it's been on "the list" for quite a while.
Salgud

Posted Jan 09, 2012 in: Snooze Function - New Thread
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
There is a "Snooze" function in an app I use called "Alarmed", so I know it's now possible.
Salgud

Posted Jan 09, 2012 in: Drawing in a note or task
  • Salgud
No, only basic text can go in a note.
Salgud

Posted Jan 06, 2012 in: Procrastination help
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2012
  • Score: -1
@NoHype

That's a great idea. I just recently attended a class on Event Planning and one of his recommendations was to send follow-up emails to people you have important discussions with both to help you remember what was discussed/decided and to avoid misunderstandings. (I had heard this one years ago, and somewhere along the way, forgot.) This seems like an extension of your suggestion.
Salgud

Posted Jan 04, 2012 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2012
This is a very old thread, and the requested UI update is what you're looking at now. No, it ain't beautiful, but you shoulda seen it before! It's much better than it was, and far more functional. I doubt another face lift is even being considered at this time, as it took them most of the first half of last year to do this one. I think this is one of those times you'll have to choose between function and beauty.
Salgud

Posted Jan 04, 2012 in: How-To Guide
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2012
@Kim

A series of online tutorials would be a great addition and help noobies greatly. They have considered doing this, but, AFAIK, haven't actually done anything. I know they'd like to, but it would take some developer time I imagine, and they want to put the developer's efforts on upgrading the software itself. There were, the last time they mentioned it, over 1600 items on "the list".

I have some experience with doing this, and have offered my services when they decide to move ahead.

The tutorials would have to be generic, demonstrating mostly standard ways of using TD, but giving the users an idea of how to apply the many features. It would be up to the user to decide how to apply them in her scenario.

This message was edited Jan 04, 2012.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2012
@ Jeff

That's good news! While I have TD on my iPhone, I basically only use it when I think of a work-related task and I add it and I'm away from my desk. It would be far more useful if I could have my Saved Searches, because that's where I "live" at work.
Salgud

Posted Jan 02, 2012 in: How Can I Change a Folder Assignment
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2012
Go to the Folder option, click on the current folder, and a pull-down list of all folders will appear from which you can select the other folder.
Salgud

Posted Dec 29, 2011 in: Sub tasks hiding
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 29, 2011
Thanks for the reply. Right now, I don't see any instances of the problem I was seeing a couple of days ago. I'll wait until I do, then try your suggestion. I think it should work with the current setting though. It should show the Parent task as well, which is what I wanted, and what it was doing. Don't know what has changed, but it isn't that setting. It's been that way for a long time.

Have a Happy New Year!
Salgud

Posted Dec 29, 2011 in: Sub tasks hiding
  • Salgud
I have the third one selected, "Indented mode shows all subtasks nested..."
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by andy_pfeiffer:
Hi Toodledo,

Just wondering if there's any way of connecting two tasks, somehow, such that the start date of the second task is the date that the first task is completed.

Basically, let's say I have a task that involves buying something online, but i need to transfer money to my currently empty bank account first. It wouldn't make sense to show the task "buy online" before the task "transfer money" is completed.

Is there a way to do this without manually setting the due date for the duration task and the start date for the second task the same? Say, if the first task has no due date, but it's just something I want to do when I get around to it?

Thankyou!

If you search the forums for "task dependency" or just "dependencies", or "sequential tasks", you'll find a lot of requests for this feature. I'm hoping to see it sometime soon.
Salgud

• Salgud
Posted by greginfla:
I have been using toodledo for a while now, and never used notebooks. I search the forums on the topic but most post dealt with a specfic issue.

My question is more of an overview question, what are notebooks and how are they used? And does evernote supplement or replace the need for notebooks?

I don't see TD notes as replacements for EN notes for two reasons:
1) EN notes are more powerful and can contain graphics and links, and more.
2) I've been using EN for 7 years, and have a lot of notes I don't want to have to move

So I use TD notes for more transient information, and EN for stuff I think I'll want for a while. Once a week, I meet with my boss to discuss my work, and I keep a list of items I need to discuss with him to take with me. I keep that in a TD note, where it's easy and quick to access, because TD is open all day every day on my desktop. Before the meeting, I copy and paste the TD note into an email and send it to my phone to take to the meeting. After the meeting, I copy and paste the TD note to EN so I have a record of it for a while. These eventually get deleted. (My boss has yet to ask me, "What did we discuss in our meeting 2 years ago?")

Of course, it's up to you. Some prefer to have all their notes in one place, others, like me, find a use for both. It's nice to have both options.

This message was edited Dec 29, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Dec 29, 2011 in: 2011 In Review
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Score: 2
Great job! Some of us appreciate your efforts.
Salgud

Posted Dec 27, 2011 in: Sub tasks hiding
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 27, 2011
I can't figure out why some of my subtasks are hidden when I select the "Show, Indented" option.

I have a Saved Search that filters for tasks with Status "Next Action" and some date criteria. It used to, I believe, show indented tasks with that met the filter criteria and showed the parent task even if it didn't. That was what I wanted. But now, it shows the Parent task, even when it doesn't meet the criteria, but hides the subtask unless I select "Show, Inline".

The filter criteria are:
|Checked Off|no|
and
|Status|is|Next Action|
and
|Due Date|is before|tomorrow
or
|Start Date|is before|tomorrow
or
|Due Date|doesn't exist|

The parent task, which has a Status of "Active" and a Due Date of Dec. 15, shows with "Show, Indented" selected, but the subtask, with a Due Date of Today and a Status of "Next Action", does not, unless I click on the tripod icon next to the parent task or select "Show, Inline".

Anybody have any ideas why it's behaving this way?
Salgud

Posted Dec 27, 2011 in: Is there an inbox in toodledo?
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 27, 2011
  • Score: 1
Posted by JPR:

You can also create a custom search called 'Inbox'(Checked Off = No , Folder = No Folder) if you really need to see 'Inbox'.

I did this, but called it "A Inbox" so that it will be at the top of my Saved Searches.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next