ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 04, 2011
  • Score: 0
I'm very disappointed in you yet again, Folke, you just aren't getting this! Most of the time, you seem pretty sharp, but you're very slow on this one item. ;)

The "II" was either a typo or a comment from my alter ego, not sure which.

This message was edited Nov 04, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Nov 04, 2011 in: Notebook - what is it for?
  • Salgud
It can be whatever you want it to be, but it won't contain images or files, just text, with basic formatting options. I use it for short-term storage of text-based information. I use Evernote for long-term storage and for audio and graphics. Others, who don't have a note app like EN, use this in place of it, up to a point, considering the limitations.

TD notes big advantage is that's it's so handy if you keep TD onscreen virtually all the time as I do. It's just one click away, another click to select the note, one more to Edit. Pretty handy.
Salgud

• Salgud
Yet another post this morning where someone wants some obscure feature that he and one of his friends both want is the most important feature on "the list". So I think I need to clarify a bit.

I am the "Most Important Customer" here! Whatever I request is automatically the most important priority for the TD team. I had expected that everyone here would have realized this by now, and am very disappointed in you all. Henceforth, I shall refer to myself as "theMIC" so as to make it clear to all, including the many newbies coming to these forums, exactly who is the Most Important Customer. Of course, this makes perfect sense to ME, as it should to the rest of you. Things should go much more smoothly now that this has been cleared up. ;)

This message was edited Nov 04, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Nov 03, 2011 in: All data gone!!
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2011
@simon

You indicated you backed up after PI had apparently deleted your data. I was thinking that maybe you had backed up prior to this and forgot. Or something. Apparently not.

I suggest what once you're up and running again, you add a task to back up your TD regularly.
Salgud

Posted Nov 03, 2011 in: All data gone!!
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2011
So I'm guessing you haven't been doing any regular backups before this happened?
Salgud

Posted Nov 02, 2011 in: Grab bag of updates
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 02, 2011
Thanks for the update.
Salgud

Posted Nov 01, 2011 in: Toodledo and DGT interface
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 01, 2011
The interface was completely revamped and released this summer (July?). I doubt a major redo as you're suggesting is in the cards. Even if it were, I doubt TD is going to revamp it based on any particular task management system such as GTD or your DGT. It's a very flexible, universal kind of app, and therein lies it's appeal to many of us. Those who follow a particular methodology can adapt it to fit, or search for one that matches their personal method.
Salgud

Posted Nov 01, 2011 in: Some unexpected downtime
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
Thanks for keeping us posted.
Salgud

Posted Nov 01, 2011 in: Some unexpected downtime
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
I just added (and deleted) a task with no problem.
Salgud

Posted Oct 28, 2011 in: Siri and Toodledo
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 28, 2011
Posted by Victor Boctor:
Is there a way to send an email through Siri without a body?

No, because to use Siri requires a mouth, which pretty much requires a body! ;)
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:

@Salgud: Lately, I've been wondering what Toodledo's net contribution to world productivity has been. I wish there was a way to measure hours saved or stress eliminated per person.

A lot of people come here every day saying how much they like TD and how much it's helped them. I can only speak for myself. It makes working in this nuthouse bearable for me, and that's no small accomplishment.
Salgud

Posted Oct 27, 2011 in: Sync with Google Tasks
  • Salgud
It is neither scrollable nor resizable, as far as I can tell.
Salgud

• Salgud
Most of them are in ASCII code order, but not always. With a program, like TD, depends on what the developers decided to use.
Salgud

Posted Oct 27, 2011 in: Sync with Google Tasks
  • Salgud
Interesting. When I read this, I went back to my Google calendar to look again, but I still only have a small TD tasks panel that shows about 6 tasks (less if their names are long enough to wrap to a second line) which is not, at least by any normal Windoze means, expandable.
Salgud

• Salgud
The only way I know of to jump directly like that is if the view you're in is sorted by say, folders, then you can go to the divider between folders and click on the little arrow over at the right end of the divider. It will jump you to that particular folder.
Salgud

Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
Posted by b1tchnow:
Hi,

I enjoy Toodledo a lot (will there be a UI update in the future? ;)), because it's so configurable and flexible.

There was a major UI redo just a few months ago (Aug?), so probably not another for a while.

What I really miss is a signal, if a parent task (Projects in my task management) has subtasks or not. I use the star as a signal for "No Subtasks" (No "Next Actions" in GTD), but I have to do this manually and might miss something sometimes. With the number of subtasks next to the parent task I could get rid of the star and see the on sight, which project needs attention.

TD doesn't see a task as a parent task unless it has subtasks, so there's no way for TD to mark it as such. When you give it subtasks, TD does mark it as a parent (the strange little mini org chart just to the left of the task name). Before that, it might be a "parent task" to you because you intended it to be that, but TD doesn't know what you're intending to do, only what you've done.

Best regards,

b1tchnow

edit: Just the second I posted this, I had the idea, to use a search to identify parent tasks without subtasks.

I use a "+" in the task name for project names, so I can search for "Tasks contains +" AND "Task has subtasks NO" to identify projects with no next actions. This helps in the meantime, but maybe you can take my suggestion and think about it.

Another Idea is to mark tasks as projects and and highlight them different (blue background or something like this) like it's possible with Appigo.

You're going to have to keep marking your intended "parent tasks" if you don't add subtasks immediately so you know which ones they are. TD can't tell you that.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2011.
Salgud

Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Score: 2
I've been investigating Jake and the TD team, and have found disturbing information. It turns out that their whole purpose in life, according to some of his closest friends, is to make us TD users as miserable as possible. That's why he created TD in the first place, he wanted to make a bunch of people he's never even met as unhappy as he could. Kinda like the Tylenol murderer, only even more insidious!

We're on to you, Jake! ;-)

This message was edited Oct 27, 2011.
Salgud

Posted Oct 26, 2011 in: Sync with Google Tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
The instructions are here: http://www.toodledo.com/widget/google_gadget.php

But, I think that Google discontinued the Labs feature of Google Calendar (at least I could't find it anymore) so it may not work anymore.

It still works, I just did as the instructions said. Unfortunately, it doesn't work all that well. The gadget only shows the top six tasks in whatever list you've chosen (from the standard TD Gadget), so unless you have 6 tasks or less in that view, you can't see them all.
Salgud

Posted Oct 25, 2011 in: Show Fields
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2011
It is not currently possible. I'd bet money it's on "the list".
Salgud

Posted Oct 25, 2011 in: How do I get rid of an old tag
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2011
Sometimes tags tend to hang around a while after you stop using them. In the case of one where the only difference is case, I'm not sure that it will go away. Give it a day or two, and see if it does.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next