Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 01, 2013
  • Score: 0
Best for whom?
Salgud

Posted Mar 22, 2013 in: Permanent Link not working...again.
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2013
Jake
I'm having this problem again. I've played with it a bit. I have a Saved Search called "Meetings". Some of my projects are tagged meetings for obvious reasons. This saved search gives me a view of all of them. But something is very strange because one meeting, only one, as far as I can tell, sometimes won't accept a permanent link command. It appears to be an intermittent problem, comes and goes, and I don't know why that would be. All the others work, every time I've tested them. But I have had this happen before, with different ones.

I just went through my Saved Search for Active Projects, essentially the same thing as Meetings except for the special tag. They all do Permanent Link just fine.

Just thought I'd give you some more information on this.
Salgud

Posted Mar 22, 2013 in: What are the Notes really for
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2013
I use them for mostly short-term notes that don't need to go into Resophnotes (Free downloadable note software I use in place of Evernote because the state blocks Evernote). Every week I meet with my boss, so I keep my notes on what I need to discuss in a TD note. Likewise, I go to several monthly meetings, and keep notes for each of those, announcements I need to make, questions I need to ask. I have regular discussions with the SharePoint consultant for the websites I administer, so I keep notes on what I need to discuss with them at our next meeting.

Sometimes the notes become long-term, and I just copy and past them into Resophnotes.
Salgud

Posted Mar 18, 2013 in: Undo Multi-Edit?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 18, 2013
Posted by Ingo:
This suggestion has been here forever... today something went wrong and the web interface deleted a bunch of things.

With no Undo. Great.

I suggest you look further. In 2.5 yrs of heavy, daily use, I've yet to see TD "lose" a task. Admittedly, it hides them well when you're unfamiliar with all it's vagaries. Part of the challenge for me in setting up TD to suit my needs was making sure that no task could "hide". When I lose a new one, my first stop is "Recently added" in the Main list of views.

Also, with Multi-Edit, one has to be particularly careful, as you can easily lose many tasks with one simple mistake, just as you can kill more people by accident with an atomic bomb than you can with an ax.
Salgud

• Salgud
I went in a few minutes ago (42 minutes after original post above) and made another edit to the same note as I posted about before, then checked my phone, and both the original edit and the more recent edit were there. So the first edit didn't appear for at least 7 min after I made the online entry, and this last one was there in a minute or so. ??

This message was edited Mar 18, 2013.
Salgud

• Salgud
That's about it. I thought it would update when TD on my phone synced, but it hasn't. It's been at least 5 min, if not more, and I've synced it 3 times. How long does this normally take?
Salgud

Posted Mar 16, 2013 in: move subtasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2013
If you can get the subtask onscreen with the parent task you want to move it to, you can simply click and drag on the little vertical double headed arrow just to the left of the task description, and move the subtask under the other parent task.

Sometimes, the trickiest part of doing something like this is getting the two tasks you want onscreen at the same time. Or getting them onscreen at the same time without a hundred other tasks that obfuscate your purpose. There are two relatively simple ways to get them more or less isolated but together.

The first applies if you're not already using the Star feature for something else. If not, simply Star the two and click on "Starred" and there you are.

Since many users are already using the Star feature for something else, this might not work. Then again, if you only have a few Starred items at any given time, you might be able to Star the two and have easy access to them both among the other Starred items.

If this is not the case, then the other easy way to isolate the two tasks you want is to give them a unique tag, made up for just this situation. I gave it a lot of careful thought, and about 3 am, came up with the ideal name for this temporary special purpose tag. I call it "Tag"! I then tag both the items with this special tag and either use the Tags grouping to isolate the special tasks, or create an ad hoc filter to isolate them. Then I can click and drag the one under the other.
Salgud

Posted Mar 15, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 15, 2013
  • Score: -1
Posted by Purveyor:
Posted by Salgud:
Nevermind.
A reference to Nirvana or Nirvana?

Your choice. :)
Salgud

Posted Mar 15, 2013 in: Great app, horrible, horrible name
Score: 3
  • Salgud
  • Score: 3
I bet the "devs" are cringing, they've never heard anything like that before! ;)

I remember, many years ago, a small start-up just getting noticed, but so many saying that a company named "Apple" would never get any respect.
Salgud

Posted Mar 15, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
Score: -2
  • Salgud
  • Score: -2
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
Salgud

Posted Mar 12, 2013 in: repeat - 1st of each month
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2013
Posted by CharleneTX:
I think you're still not fully understanding the issue. I have a task I'd like to show up on the 1st each month. Sometimes I'm not able to do it on the 1st so I'll change the start date or the 2nd or 3rd. If I set the repeat to monthly (either from due date or completed ate), it advances to the same date on the next month (2nd, 3rd, etc.). How do you cause a task to repeated on a particular date?

It is advancing because you have it set to repeat from completion date, instead of due date, or start date if you prefer. But you have to set one or the other to get it to repeat from that date. It can't repeat from a date it never had.
Salgud

Posted Mar 12, 2013 in: Suggestion: Big Calendar
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2013
Posted by Purveyor:
The most powerful Calendar/Task/Contact/Notes iOS app is Pocket Informant.
It can sync with Toodledo Tasks and Notes, Google Tasks and Calendar, and iOS Calendar, Reminders and Contacts. Also, there's Pocket Informant online sync.
It has Smart Groups (saved searches) and multi-task editing, and a lot more.

But, it is even more complicated than DateBk6.

So I have heard. Admittedly, I haven't looked in a while, but the user ratings were not very good. Seems PI has serious sync and general reliability problems, things I prefer to avoid.
Salgud

Posted Mar 11, 2013 in: Suggestion: Big Calendar
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2013
Posted by dgwinup:
The most useful daily organizer I used in the past 15 years was Datebk (now Pimlical) on the Palm/Android platform. This was because tasks displayed on the calendar views along with calendar appointments and tasks could be added with one click. Overdue tasks always displayed on the current day if they weren't done so you NEVER lost tasks. Editing dates on tasks was just a couple clicks. I'd be willing to pay quite a lot (comparatively) to get an application that can do this.

I was a big fan of DateBk also. I thought the integration with Contacts, tasks, appts, and notes was ideal. And it was easy to do. The only difficult part about DateBk was the options screens, which were extensive and complicated, though there was a detailed manual (>100 pages!). It was way ahead of it's time, and, AFAIK, there still isn't anything comparable for iOS. There's a void there someone is going to fill someday. I'm looking for it still.
Salgud

Posted Mar 08, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 08, 2013
  • Score: 1
I like it, just the way it is. It has some color, but not too much. I know I'm the odd-man-out here, but I don't need you to design just for me. I understand that any design has to be a compromise to our many tastes. Besides, I'm too busy doing things on my Toodledo task list to have time to study the new format and decide what colors, fonts and themes I would prefer. If I wanted to re-design Toodledo, I'd apply for a job there as a designer. As it is, it looks great!
Salgud

Posted Mar 06, 2013 in: Introduction
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 06, 2013
Welcome Ruble! I look forward to your contributions to these forums.
Salgud

Posted Feb 28, 2013 in: Cancel Task
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2013
You can delete any task by clicking on the garbage can icon over to the far right.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 21, 2013
There are a couple of ways to do this. I have created my own Hotlist which only shows tasks with status "Next Action" or Due Date earlier than tomorrow (simplified explanation for our purpose here). Then, create a task that repeats every Tues. with Status "Next Action". It will only show up on your custom Hotlist on Tues.

I'm sure others have different ways of making this happen.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2013
Thanks, Jake!
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2013
I've had a meetings list for a long time now. It's just a Saved Search for Tags containing Mtgs, Status not cancelled, Folder not in Templates, very simple. Each meeting is a project in TD parlance, consisting of a parent task and 15 or 20 subtasks. It has always opened with all subtasks collapsed, only parent tasks showing. But recently it has changed, with all subtasks showing now. In the past, the Filter settings didn't seem to effect it. Only if I deliberately set subtasks to hidden do I see only the parent tasks, and I virtually never use this setting. I prefer it with just parent tasks to start, so I don't have to do so much scrolling to see the details of a particular meeting.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this has changed recently, and what I can do to make it default to just showing the parent tasks?
Salgud

Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2013
  • Score: -1
Ok, now I get how it works. So the next question, is "Why?". Maybe you didn't realize you can create a parent task "Start of Day" (mine's called "Morning Drill"), and then create the subtasks under it? Make the parent task repeat every weekday, and the subtasks "repeat with parent". Then you have your list every morning, but without having to write any code or embed it in a note. You can also create a Saved Search for it, so you can display your Start of Day separate from your other tasks.

Unless, I guess, you just don't want to buy a Pro subscription to get subtasks.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next