ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2016
  • Score: 0
Lemme see...

There's a star you could check next to each task, but does "star" make you think of complete? Doesn't work for me, anyway. What other options are there?

Looking, looking, looking...

O yes, a checkbox to the left on each task! Wonder if it could be that!! Give it a try and let us know how that worked out, ok?
Salgud

Posted Jan 06, 2016 in: Parent field for Subtasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2016
Posted by SES21:
Jake, unless something has changed recently, if you then click on the icon again to get rid ot the parent (& other subtasks), you wind up with the parent in the view instead of the original subtask. It takes a refresh of the view to get that subtask back again - or at least it does for me. If there's a better way to do all this, please tell me.

In the Filters box, set subtasks to Indented.
Salgud

Posted Jan 06, 2016 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2016
Yes, spiders would be better than cockroaches!
Salgud

Posted Jan 05, 2016 in: Help with lists
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2016
I'm not sure, since I never tried lists on my phone before, but the list was there in my list of lists.
Salgud

Posted Jan 05, 2016 in: Star and checkbox too close
  • Salgud
Posted by M:
I actually find them to be too close even in my desktop browser -- and the fact that you cannot separate them -- can't move the star or the checkbox - make this a pain. Am I the only one who aims for the star, with my mouse, but hits the checkbox at least 15% of the time?

Don't recall ever happening, and I'm pretty fumble-fingered. :)
Salgud

Posted Jan 05, 2016 in: Icons for lists & outlines
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Score: -1
I try not to be too picky about formatting, but having tried out the Lists feature on my iPhone, I noticed that the icon for lists on the iPhone is 3 horizontal bars, while the icon for lists online is 3 vertical bars, probably because the icon for outlines online is 3 horizontal box wrenches, which resemble 3 horizontal lines. On my phone, the outlines icon is some little boxes connected by some lines. This all seems a bit confusing to me, particularly to beginners. Seems to me, for what that's worth, inconsistent.
Salgud

Posted Jan 05, 2016 in: Help with lists
  • Salgud
Posted by Jake:
You can double tap the 'Lists' tab at the bottom of the screen to reload the page. Please let us know if that doesn't help.

Strange indeed. I redid that row and double tapped the Lists button, and it deleted the new list entirely. Then I re-created it, and it works correctly.

Correction: I went and looked at the list online, and it shows 2 rows, one with the date I entered, 1 without. On my iPhone, it indicates 2 rows next to the list title, but when I open the list, only 1 row shows.

I also added a date field to an existing list (Packing), and filled in the date and it worked fine.

This message was edited Jan 05, 2016.
Salgud

Posted Jan 04, 2016 in: Help with lists
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2016
Posted by Jake:
Can you please tell us what the syncing error says? This will give us a clue as to what is going wrong. Do you get the same error when using the website instead of the app?

"Error syncing list
An internal error occured. Please reload the page."
Salgud

Posted Dec 31, 2015 in: Help with lists
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 31, 2015
Posted by ori.matalon:
It works for me on my iPhone. Here are my steps to reproduce:
1. Start with an empty "My Lists" screen.
2. In the New List box, enter "Test List" and click the "+" sign.
3. Click the newly created "Test List" row.
4. Click the "arrow down" icon.
5. Edit Columns.
6. + ADD COLUMN.
7. Enter Title = "Test Date".
8. Column Type = Date.
9. Done.
10. Save.
11. Done.
12. Add Row.
13. Title = Test Row.
14. Date = Dec 31 2015 (click the "31", then Back).
15. Save.

It works fine, but I agree the flow is too complicated and non-friendly.

Those are exactly the steps I've been doing, but it erases the entries instead of saving them. And I get the syncing error message, even though "sync on edit" is turned off in my sync settings.s

Edit: I just tried it with all syncing turned off, and still got the syncing error.

This message was edited Dec 31, 2015.
Salgud

Posted Dec 31, 2015 in: Help with lists
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 31, 2015
Interesting. My first, and hopefully last, attempt at making a list on my iPhone. I can create a row, enter some text and a date (after creating the fields), but Save only erases it all. I also get a syncing error, even though my task list syncs fine. Maybe it won't let me enter the list because of the syncing error? But it my sync settings, it's set to sync on open and close, but not on edit. Something wrong here.

I've worked with quite a few iOS list apps over the years, can't remember one this obtuse. I won't bother with this one again. How can anyone make it so difficult to simply enter a date?

This message was edited Dec 31, 2015.
Salgud

Posted Dec 30, 2015 in: Help with lists
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2015
I don't know where you're entering the date. There's no "Done" button when I do it, so I suspect you're adding the date in the wrong place. Maybe someone more familiar with Lists can help you.
Salgud

Posted Dec 30, 2015 in: Help with lists
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2015
Click on Edit Columns, add a date column. Go to the date column, click on the field, and the date picker will appear. Select a date and move the cursor away, the date will be set.
Salgud

Posted Dec 29, 2015 in: How to Track Larger Tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 29, 2015
Posted by jamezzz:
jpv2112-s, one system you might take a look at is MyLifeOrganized. I used it many years ago and recently took a look at it. It's come a long ways. Offers virtually unlimited hierarchy, very powerful search and filter features, fairly nice outline and task views as well as an interesting calendar view unlike any I've seen. They support iOS, Android, Windows, Mac and they offer a means to sync between those platforms. Ultimately, I stuck with Toodledo based on cost, TD's web implementation and the syncing between web and iOS is just simpler.

From your own words, sounds like you're "stuck" with TD because it's considerably better for you.
Salgud

Posted Dec 29, 2015 in: Status names
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
Posted by Dubird:
Can you add statuses or change the names of current ones? I'd like to add a Proofing status to make it clear what's being proofed instead of the Waiting status and a tag.

May I suggest a simple work around? Use "Waiting" for "Proofing"! Tell yourself, if you must, that in your case, "Waiting" means "Waiting to be proofed"!
Salgud

Posted Dec 29, 2015 in: View completed tasks
  • Salgud
There probably is such an app, but you didn't give a reason for not wanting to do this in TD. Why not just do it there?
Salgud

Posted Dec 24, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 24, 2015
  • Score: 1
And now for something completely different...

Are those smudges on my TD screen skinny sideways bells, or are they cockroaches? :) I've been pretty positive about and very impressed with the many changes in the TD interface and have had very few complaints. But the cockroaches are kinda creepy! Somebody call an exterminator! At least they're all headed in the same direction, which hopefully means they'll be off my screen by the first of the new year.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 23, 2015
So far (fingers crossed), this is the only problem I've had with my Verizon SMS, and I use it extensively with my family, and for years with TD, so I would be surprised if it was that. For now, I'll assume it was just a one-time glitch that started it, compounded by my fumble-fingered attempt at reentering the address.
Salgud

Posted Dec 23, 2015 in: Toodledo 2015 - The Year in Review
  • Salgud
Posted by Jake:
Happy Holidays from Toodledo!
In 2016, our goal is to continue to refine and improve our design and usability across the entire product, with an emphasis on the Tasks section.

It will indeed be a happy holiday and new year if the emphasis is on Tasks next year!
Salgud

• Salgud
Sorry, Jake, should have said I'm talking SMS notifications to my iPhone, which has full Notification privileges turned on in my Settings. Twice now, I've gone to set an alarm for a task, the it asks me to set them up in TD, which I've already done. Is there any other place to turn them on that I'm missing?

Edit: I went back to check everything that could go wrong, found a mistype in the Verizon address, think that will fix problem. Still doesn't explain why this went wonky the first time, I'd been receiving notifications from TD for years, but it explains why it didn't take this last time.

This message was edited Dec 23, 2015.
Salgud

• Salgud
The first time my alarm settings disappeared a couple of weeks ago, I just went in and reset them. Today, I decided to inquire if this is happening to others? I don't think I'm going in and removing them, unless I've started sleepwalking and just don't know it. Any suggestions as to what might cause this problem?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next