ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Jan 06, 2014 in: Filtering for Repeating tasks problem
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2014
  • Score: 0
Thanks, Purveyor, that worked! But the filter for "Other" is very broken.
Salgud

Posted Jan 06, 2014 in: Filtering for Repeating tasks problem
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2014
I created a filter to look at all of my repeating tasks to see if I had something like what Randall posted in another thread that I might have missed with repeating tasks. What I found is that I can't filter for repeating tasks reliably. The filter was

Completed|No
and
Repeat|is|Daily
or
Repeat|is|Weekly
or
Repeat|is|Biweekly
or
or
Repeat|is|Other

So I included all of the basic repeat types other than With Parent.

The results I got were a lot of tasks with Repeat None, including parent tasks, subtasks and standalone tasks. Sounds like something wrong with the filter, but maybe I missed something. Any ideas?
Salgud

Posted Dec 24, 2013 in: iOS app Hotlist format of date
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 24, 2013
Doh! I so seldom use the iOS app, I didn't even think about it.
Salgud

Posted Dec 24, 2013 in: iOS app Hotlist format of date
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 24, 2013
Posted by Jake:
There are 3 spaces below a task to show info and those three spaces will be filled in the order that you have placed the fields in the settings section. So if you want to see due-time, it will need to be in the top 3. Perhaps Folder, Due-Date, Due-Time, context will work for you.

I am assuming that this feature is a Gold or Platinum level setting not listed in your Subscriptions page, as I don't have any place to change the order of my fields and I don't have a "Fields and Defaults" settings page either.
Salgud

Posted Dec 23, 2013 in: New kind of task
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 23, 2013
  • Score: 2
I've decided that I'm going to add Decisions to my TD task list and treat them as a task. I hadn't thought of it before, but it makes sense to me to track them, both to remind me I have to make one by a certain date, and to have a record of when I made one. Of course, this will only apply to relatively important ones, not the everyday minutia kind of decisions we all make.

I've created a tag, and, of course, a Saved Search for them.

Just thought I'd pass this along in case it might help someone else, and always interested in feedback.
Salgud

Posted Dec 19, 2013 in: Save Sorts with Searches
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 19, 2013
  • Score: 1
Posted by Purveyor:
Take a look at Jake's post here https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/17447/-81955/read.html where he says:
I know that you (and a few others) have been asking for saved sort/filters for years. We have not done it yet because it is a lot of work for relatively little gain, since this feature would only save a few clicks here and there.

And this is how I replied to Jake at that time:

Jake, I would like to suggest that it's more than just optimizing clicks. I, and many other TD power users virtually live in Saved Searches, and frequently switch between them during the day. Dozens of times. And each time, we either have to think about how to reset the sort order and the filters, or, choose one setting that works "most of the time", which is what I and many others, I suspect, do. This is more than just clicks, it's sub-optimal use of the tool because of this limitation. I would get a much clearer and more accurate representation of my task list if I had each Saved Search sorted and filtered all the time to fit the purpose of that search.

So, to me at least, it is somewhat more than just optimizing clicks, it's about optimizing TD. Thanks for your understanding.
Salgud

Posted Dec 17, 2013 in: "Deferred" status in search
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2013
Have you tried creating a Saved Search for "Deferred"?
Salgud

Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2013
  • Score: 2
You have to create the Saved Search online, but you can view it in the iOS app.

And your English is a whole lot better than my Chinese! :)
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2013
Just curious, which list?
Salgud

Posted Dec 13, 2013 in: strange spontaneous change in display
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2013
This is definitely where I come to get my dumb questions answered! :)
Salgud

• Salgud
If I'm interpreting your request correctly, you can create that in a Saved Search, simply by creating a Search with Completed is no
and
Due Date Before Tomorrow
Salgud

Posted Dec 13, 2013 in: strange spontaneous change in display
  • Salgud
Have you tried clicking on the "Hide/Show Details" button, in the dark blue toolbar near the top of the screen, in the group of 4 icons, just to the left of the "Multi-edit" icon?
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2013
I clicked on a phone number, but it didn't dial my cell phone for me!? ;)
Salgud

Posted Dec 09, 2013 in: Simple recurring task
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 09, 2013
It's under the "Repeat" box.
Salgud

Posted Dec 09, 2013 in: Purchase of toodledo app for iPhone
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 09, 2013
1. It is paid because TD is a for-profit company, and like many for-profit software companies, they use the free online version to lure customers in, hoping that enough will upgrade to a paid version so they can stay in business and make a living at it. Otherwise, it will just go away.

2. You'll have TD on your phone, and no longer have to be at your computer to use it.

3. The iOS app is not a full replacement. You can add tasks and see your list, and many other things, but you won't have lists or outlines and many of the more advanced features aren't available as yet.

4. It will work with any version.

You will always get an answer here, if not from one of the members, who are very helpful, then from Jake, the owner developer, who answers virtually information requests such as yours, in addition to fixing the many mistakes some of us make in our replies. :)
Salgud

Posted Dec 03, 2013 in: Future tasks and Start time
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2013
If I recall correctly, there is currently no way to filter by Due Time. It's on "the list".
Salgud

Posted Dec 03, 2013 in: Outlines in mobile version?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2013
It's not there yet.

Just to let you know, Lists are a feature of TD, and questions regarding them probably belong in the Questions forum, rather than the Third Party forum.
Salgud

Posted Nov 26, 2013 in: Daily Activity Journal
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 26, 2013
Notes?

This message was edited Nov 26, 2013.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 26, 2013
Posted by Sasha B. Pushkin:
Hi again,

I'd like to propose a drastic idea: a gray list of tasks is not motivating, period. I've added my 100+ to-dos, desires, and goals, and it's just overwhelming. It's like Excel with many rows of items, and I'm actually LOSING motivation and commitment to go and do anything.

Can we add some color, attach icons, and just somehow make the process of DOING these tasks more exciting? Even this forum looks more graphical and exciting than my tasks. :-)

Thank you.

Sasha, I understand the issue you've presented. However, it seems to me that making cosmetic improvements to TD would be a very short-term answer. While it might encourage me to work harder for a week or so, very soon, it would be the same old colorful list with which I struggle daily. Beyond that, as much controversy as there has been in these forums over the formatting and colors of this and the iOS apps, I doubt you'd ever convince Jake to venture onto this thin ice again!

I suggest that you consider better filtering as a means to reduce that list to something far more doable, and less daunting. E.g., every Monday when I do my Weekly Review and select the tasks that I'd like to do that week, I usually end up with way more Next Actions that I can get done in that time, much less than a day. When this happens, I then filter the list by Starring down to 5 items. I do them, as far along as I can with each, prioritizing based on urgency, importance, and keeping my boss happy (numero uno siempre!). After they are done, or can't be moved forward, I de-Star them, give them a Waiting or Hold status, and Star 5 more, keeping it in bite-size chunks.

If you look through these forums, particularly the Time Management forum, you'll find numerous other suggestions to help with this problem. There are a lot of ways to accomplish this without starting a light-green-is-better-than-dark-green war in these forums yet again!

This message was edited Nov 26, 2013.
Salgud

Posted Nov 21, 2013 in: New Section: Lists
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 21, 2013
The current limit to a list is 30 items? For real?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next