ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Jun 16, 2017 in: Thanks to Jeff and TD Staff & Good bye
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 16, 2017
  • Score: 1
Today I retired. I'm happy to finally be able to focus my efforts and time on travel, volunteer work and family for what time I have left.

For a number of years I've used TD as my task manager to manage the many varied things I do as Admin Assist to the Associate Director of Child Welfare here in Colorado. It has been the tool that has kept me focused and on track in the midst of a great deal of confusion and chaos.

I'm very grateful for the support of Jeff and the TD staff as well as the users in these forums which significantly helped to get a functioning system up and running and, at least for a while, frequent tweaking to get it just right. I like to think that I've also contributed something in these forums to help others use this tool effectively as well.

My life will be far less complicated now, thank goodness! I don't think I'll need a tool this powerful going forward, so I've decided to end my relationship with TD and these forums. Thanks again to all of you who've made this such a great experience. Best of luck to you all!

Dave
Salgud

Posted Jun 05, 2017 in: Repeating Tasks
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2017
  • Score: 0
There are a number of ways this could be accomplished using Saved Searches. You could Star those tasks and create a view to show tasks Due Today OR Starred, for instance.There could be other ways based on which fields you are currently using.
Salgud

Posted May 25, 2017 in: Server issues May 18, May 22
  • Salgud
  • Posted: May 25, 2017
Thanks, Jake, I appreciate your candor. If you have to eat your hat next month, I'll offer some ketchup and some mustard to make it a little more palatable!
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: May 22, 2017
Thanks for continuing the great work!
Salgud

Posted May 22, 2017 in: Server issues May 18, May 22
  • Salgud
  • Posted: May 22, 2017
Thanks, Jake!
Salgud

Posted May 18, 2017 in: Server issues May 18, May 22
  • Salgud
  • Posted: May 18, 2017
Very Good Job!
Salgud

Posted May 18, 2017 in: Server issues May 18, May 22
  • Salgud
  • Posted: May 18, 2017
Thanks for letting us know, Jake.

This message was edited May 18, 2017.
Salgud

Posted May 09, 2017 in: How to sync to desktop
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: May 09, 2017
  • Score: -1
Since you found these forums, you are only a couple of clicks to the desktop. Just click on the downward arrow next to the ToodleDo icon in the upper left corner and select Tasks.
Salgud

Posted May 08, 2017 in: Individual sorting in Saved Searches
  • Salgud
  • Posted: May 08, 2017
It's not supposed to be that way, mine have varying sort orders. Maybe you should double check, if it is that way, submit a trouble ticket?
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: May 08, 2017
Posted by coolexplorer:
Tried again, recently. Chrome 58.0.3029.96 on Windows 10.
Automatic Scrolling does not work, therefore unable to easily move a task to a potential Parent which is off the current screen.

Besides Jake :), can any other Chrome browser users confirm that automatic scrolling works to move a TD task off the current screen to a Parent that is some distance away (requiring scrolling).

see my post above
Salgud

Posted May 03, 2017 in: Charge for syncing!
  • Salgud
  • Posted: May 03, 2017
Posted by Ummagumma:
>Well, if someone is using a third party app to sync with Toodledo, why should they expect to get a completely free service from Toodledo ?

Because Toodledo is not #1, nor it's #2 or 3 or even 4. And because Toodledo can't be bothered to provide a sync engine of their own outside of their mobile app, which not everyone is going to use. I, just like many other people, believe that all timed actionable items - events and tasks - belong in a single calendar view, not in two different apps. And whatever task system I use better have a way of incorporating itself into my calendar apps.

In theory, I agree with what you've said. I am moving to PI when I retire this summer mostly because I like it's iOS app's interface ,more than TDs, and because it incorporates my task list, calendar, contact list and notes in one app, and I don't need the full power of TD anymore. I even decided to pay the annual fee of $25, which some regard as ridiculous, because I can't find another app with functionality even close.

On the other hand, when considering TD, it helps to remember that it is a GTD based task manager, though many of it's users are not, including myself. But one of the basic precepts of GTD is that your calendar and your task list should be entirely separate because anything with a due date is not considered a task. This is one of GTDs precepts I've never agreed with, as I tend to view a task with a Due Date just a particular kind of task and not at appointment. However, TD is GTD based, and at least originally intended primarily for GTD users. Since it is so flexible, it has been adopted by many users like myself, and it has gradually drifted away from strict GTD (hence, a calendar view, which GTD purists consider anathema). In the last 6 years I've been using TD, it hasn't drifted much toward further implementing the calendar further, and I doubt it will, at least not under present management. It might move more toward integrating the Outlook calendar more, but that's as far as I see it going. So full integration, as in PI, is not likely for the foreseeable future, and, in my opinion, should not be expected. If this feature is as important to you as it is to me, then you are making the right decision to change task managers. For those that are hardcore GTDers, or just don't care about real calendar integration, TD is still the best, most flexible, dependable, best supported and all around usable task manager I know.
Salgud

Posted Apr 26, 2017 in: big bug in new layout
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 26, 2017
That's what I did, except I edited the name after I cloned it, before I Permanent Linked it. I edited probably Status, Priority, Folder and Tag, or some combination of these. I tried to duplicate it myself, and, of course, it didn't do it this time, but it's done it several times since the new format came out.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 26, 2017
I tried to duplicate on Win 7, Google 58.0.3029.81, but it works fine.
Salgud

Posted Apr 24, 2017 in: big bug in new layout
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 24, 2017
In the new layout, when I batch edit a parent and it's subtasks using Permanent Link, it only edits the subtasks, not the parent. Using Win 7 and Google Chrome 57.0.2987.133.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 21, 2017
Posted by Jake:
I think you are noticing the difference between the current Tasks section and our preview of the new Tasks section. We put the cursor at the end in the new Tasks section because we think it is more likely that someone wants to add something to the end than the beginning, but were are glad to take feedback on this if we are wrong.

I put my task notes in reverse chronological order, adding new ones at the top, so I'd prefer the old behavior too.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 13, 2017
The canned Hotlist definitely has serious limitations. I created my custom Hotlist in Saved Searches a long time ago, as have others. Actually, Saved Searches are one of the main features that power users like so much. I've gone so far as to recreate canned searches, like "Starred", in my Saved Searches because I use it so often it's just easier to have it handy in my Saved Searches list, which is where I "hang-out" in TD most of the time.
Salgud

Posted Apr 10, 2017 in: Batch Edit in the new version
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 10, 2017
I particularly agree with #2, ON/OFF should automatically go off.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 23, 2017
I would suggest making your Eisenhower status your priority, and your Status field your indicator of your overall need, such as Next Action = must be done. Of course, there are so many options here. You might have to try a couple of different ones before you find the right one for you.
Salgud

Score: 3
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 21, 2017
  • Score: 3
Posted by zacharymcgovern_2:

Personally, I wouldn't have given an answer rather than give that answer you gave. Here's a simple use case: I am a project manager using the app to monitor tasks. One of the developers finishes a task but doesn't check it off that day. I find out in the morning at Scrum that it's done. What do I do then? Pack up and go home? The whole point of the pay options is to save history. What is the point of saving history if it's inaccurate?

This sounds to me like a demand, not a request and not at all appropriate. Do you honestly believe that the best way to effect change here, or anywhere, is with this I'm-the-only-important-user approach? I don't recall having much success telling others that they should to it my way and only my way or they're doing it all wrong. Maybe it works better for you? Nor do I think that shooting the messenger because the message is not what I wanted to hear is very effective. Jake told you the truth, and now you excoriate him for it?

If this is a make-or-break feature for you, then yes, pack up and go home. TD doesn't have this feature, at least for now. Come back in six months if you like, but I suggest you come back with a more open attitude rather than making suggestions and requests rather than unrealistic demands, and with some appreciation that you can expect an honest answer, even if not what you would like to hear.

I wish you luck finding your ideal task manager.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 17, 2017
Posted by dustyme_1370119159:
Also, is there a way to search the forum? I hate posting questions that have already been answered, but I am not about to scroll through 600 pages to find them.

At the top of the Forum page, click on Search.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next